Garrett Axiom Price Drop In Australia And New Zealand

The Axiom has had quite a significant price drop in Australia by calling it the Garrett Axiom Lite and dropping back to a single coil although the coils are quite inexpensive anyway.

Garrettlite.thumb.jpg.9b196fb62279dd9df83080ca0d625717.jpg

Now at 5 grand Australian, they're saying the Lite package RRP is $6299, but selling for $4999.

Axiompackages.thumb.jpg.7704af2fbc8937e2d58b2be64808bdde.jpg

They're still trying to get $7385 for the full package though, super expensive, I think.  Better to buy the lite and whatever other accessory from the full you want; I'd skip the headphones and just get a Bluetooth transmitter for 30 bucks if it were me and use headphones or in my case the Avantree Torus I've got already.  

I've been monitoring their stock levels which for what appears to be a poorly selling detector (In Australia) they should never display; it's hovering at 2 detectors of the full package. 

They must think the lite package is going to sell more, they have 37 in stock of it.   This is direct from Garrett Australia, Axiom Lite 11" Mono (garrettaustralia.com.au)  We will be able to monitor how well its selling by looking at their stock levels, see if it goes down from 37 at any point soon.

It will be interesting to see if this new pricing model helps with the uptake of it in the Australian market, although with other players now in the game also there it may end up more difficult than just this price drop and they may need to go a fair bit further yet but a step in the right direction for sure, hopefully it helps them get more sales in Australia so we can see how it performs in Australia more so than we've been able to see so far with very limited users, especially on social media and forums.

Update - 12 March 2024

New Zealand is now also offered the Garrett Lite package! 

Axiomlitenz.jpg.2a16902185fda032b9e0744c5e1ad018.jpg

That's a huge price drop there, probably Garret's first reaction to the competition coming into Aus... Not a word in the states about this package yet, but most likely will also happen here in the states when the competition's detectors start coming in, especially now with the competitors lower price points and added features. I think Garrett still needs to go a lot lower on the Axiom's prices to remain competitive in the current market place--AUS. $3,000.

Had it of been sold at AU $3000 when it came out, I would have bought one and I'm sure many others that would never consider it at their current pricing would have too.

7 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Had it of been sold at AU $3000

There would be a waiting list at that price. It's probably what they will need to do to compete with th AF E1500 

It should cost more regardless, it's a detector with coil and battery, it has iron discrimination which is increasingly rare in these higher end machines.  It's got plenty going for it, a really good detector from what I've been able to see so far.  

The new pricing isn't too bad, and a few months ago the new lite price would be considered a very good deal, might annoy a few of the early adopters though that paid the full price, it was originally even more expensive than the current full package price, it's already dropped about two grand since release on that package.  I've not done the math but I think you could buy the Lite package and the missing coil, battery and headphones and it still be cheaper than buying the full package? 

What Simon said. You can’t fairly compare the price of the Axiom with coil and two day battery to the price of an E1500 with no coil or battery. The price decrease was probably more about addressing the fact an Axiom is far less money in the states than a GPX 6000 yet that situation was reversed in Australia. That should never have been allowed to happen.

Currently 35 lites in stock, so they've sold two since Wednesday with today being Friday, that's probably not too bad for the price range of the detector.

I still don't get that pricing - basically, what they are saying is that you are paying nearly 2 grand AUS extra simply to include 13X11 DD coil in the full package which is nuts (don't think a plastic external battery case and the MS3 wireless phones are worth $385 AUS either but I'll throw them a bone).  I don't know what the actual AUS price is for the 13x11 standalone, but it seems you can get the lite package and then buy whatever second coil you want standalone and even purchase some MS-3's standalone and you would basically have the full package at a nice discount AND would be able to pick the second coil that suits your needs best.  It seems the lite package is the way to go, even though the pricing is still on the high side.  No one is really going to miss the backup battery pack.  You can use a power bank and some bungee cords if you get desperate.

9 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

I still don't get that pricing - 

Yup, the full package is a rip off and should be discontinued or heavily discounted to be closer to the lite package, it makes no sense at all, if the lite is that price, the full needs reduced too.  Maybe they don't want to anger people that bought it at the full price, some people have already taken a 2 grand hit when they bought the first ones released.