Haha funny how things work, welcome back to the beach, perhaps the skulldiver has turned landlover 👍

• Haha 1

Nice gold! If digging it up is all that matters you should video your hunts. Being able to relive each second when that moment comes is worth more than the gold one digs. I've been doing it for sometime now, and really enjoy reliving the forgotten memories.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Nice gold! If digging it up is all that matters you should video your hunts. Being able to relive each second when that moment comes is worth more than the gold one digs. I've been doing it for sometime now, and really enjoy reliving the forgotten memories.

I do it when I can Joe...But I'm afraid I have a curse with action cams.

Every time I take one with me on the mask, it drains the battery before the magic moment, or the focus fusses and it looks terrible... Or worse, nothing comes out and I capture a whole film of garbage.

Conversely, when I am without cameras, the craziest things happen and you would hardly believe it

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm usually in the surf 80% of the time and most the rest in wet sand at low tide.  But this year has been different at least on the west coast of Florida - of 13 gold pieces (7 rings, 1 bracelet, 1 ear ring, 2 charms, 1 pendant and 1 lump of 18k gold; dental?) so far this year, only 2 rings in surf and 1 in wet sand and all the rest in dry sand.  Been cold and rainy and windy this year and few donors going into the water, except for Canadians.  Not surprised you caught gold in the dry sand.

Good snag.

Happy Hunting

• Like 1