I Finally Got Thimbled, And Also Got My First Walker!

These are the keepers from the last two weekends! I was absolutely over the moon with my first Walker. What a rush! Silver has been slow in coming so far this season, but that same spot also yielded a '46 Rosie, a sterling spoon, and a sterling thimble. Today and tomorrow we're getting a Nor'easter, but I sure hope to be able to get back there this weekend! 

Also, I've started filming my hunts and set up a youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@PlanetDirtMetalDetecting. I've done two episodes so far, and I'm learning as I go. I'd appreciate any constructive feedback you might have for me! 

IMG_5541.thumb.jpg.47d5c0e26a4c978b3916af2d19a5327d.jpg

IMG_5543.thumb.jpg.705b5a3d80381dde05f7f4385086ef00.jpg

IMG_5557.thumb.jpg.3457b725bbacc689be6257cebf52afb0.jpg

IMG_5649.thumb.jpg.24e43edbcfa531721aa815824c03dea9.jpg

IMG_5486.thumb.jpeg.9267c3e526e1077cd9a1fb55c2de38ee.jpeg

Happy Hunting!  

Great hunt SwiftSwoard! Very nice collection of tableware and congrats on the walking Liberty and other silver pieces.That Chief Pontiac piece would be my favorite also like the porcelain or milk glass piece with the booties or moccasins?Just subscribed to your channel.

Nice stuff Swiftsword. Your can cover is from the S.S. Pierce Company of Boston, started in 1831.Samuel_Stillman_Pierce_(18071880).png.e5a0172dddc97d93aee4a288b3ab44f8.png

The can could have been for tea or cigars, he was a big grocer.

The only half I've ever found was a '43, bravo! Be on the lookout for any Revere silver. 👍 

images(28).jpeg.b8a3253a99867c0bb50c35b9418494a1.jpeg

6 hours ago, SwiftSword said:

...I was absolutely over the moon with my first Walker. What a rush! Silver has been slow in coming so far this season, but that same spot also yielded... a sterling spoon, and a sterling thimble.

You just named three items I've yet to find, too.  In fact I haven't gotten any thimbles, regardless of the material makeup, and my only halves are clad.  You must have a good spot there, and unless it's on the beach or a location soon to be developed, it'll still be there waiting for you after the storm passes.  Maybe some more firsts still there!

Very good hunt with some beautiful saves.

Good luck on your next hunt.

Very nice finds. That is a good site. Must have been a prosperous homeplace.

I just subscribed to you Channel & will view the videos as soon as I can.

I’d say keep hunting there but I don’t think you need the encouragement…😊

• 2 weeks later...

I'm enjoying watching your & your friend's new Channel.  Well done.