Is Enthusiasm Fading For The E1500?

Just curious on how many people were dead set on getting the e1500, but now are having 2nd thoughts or change of plans. I personally think I've decided to focus more on an axiom over the e1500 now. I however am not vested in gpx coils at all, so it would be a larger investment than alot of you who have many in your collection.  If you've changed your mind on the e1500,  what is the reason? Not available? Seeing results and reviews your not impressed with? Or did you see a squirrel and lose focus "one of my faults for sure" ?  Talk sure has slowed down about it, but it maybe just because your all just waiting for it to become available.  

Hard to answer that as limited availability doesn't really help keep the discussion going on them.   With so few owners on the forum you won't see much discussion.  

It sits a little below the Axiom so you could just buy that and be done with it, especially seeing you've got no GPX coils already and the Axiom is a really good price in the US and no indication of any possibility of sales in the USA at this stage.

I think the only real disappointed people are those that expect the performance of a much more expensive detector or more from it, and I've seen people say that, and "borrow" one and decide it's not for them as it doesn't beat the machine about triple or more the price....

Just waiting for someone to send one to the states

I have not heard anything regarding any negatives about this detector. It has a great price and a lot of good options not seen before, even if it’s not a large gold detector I still have other options for that so no big deal.

The Axiom-lite package is not available here in the states and is what people should really be waiting for before making the buy as this oz package is a lot more affordable and gives you a better option to buy accessories later that you feel you might need.

Seems like every good pi detector packages available now are in Aus./NZ  as we cannot get the GPX-5000, Axiom-lite, or the Algoforce. I guess I’ll hang on to my money until Minelab and Garrett can provide me with some better products packages.
Algoforce hopefully is working on getting them to the states have not heard any updates from them, so just being patient for now.

Since the Algoforce is unobtanium here in the US, I am not going to drool over it until I can buy one. I have been down that "just can't wait" road before especially with some recent SMFs and PIs. Their pre ownership reputation and what I actually experienced were two very different things. Some of that seems to be related to their operation in different USA ground and EMI conditions. So, Algoforce is on the back burner for me at the moment.

I don't think you'll need to worry too much about USA EMI and the Algoforce Jeff.  There is something going on there with the Algo, it's very resistant to EMI for a PI.  With the QED there was some adjustments needed for the different powerline frequency, I really don't think this will matter with the Algoforce, it has a nice noise cancel too.

I am like @Jeff McClendon the thoughts of it are nice, but until it actually becomes available for sale in the U.S i aint loosing no sleep over it LOL, my interest are still there but when it becomes available, then I will become excited again LOL

And yes to your other question I am also thinking about other detectors I would like to try LOL but I am always thinking about other detectors I can spend my kids and my wife's kids inheritances on, in other words when I am dead and gone there aint going to be no inheritances left to go to anyone and I have a long ways to go in spending before that happens LOL, so what is the next purchase I am planning you might ask well I am currently looking at the Nexus MP v3 rite now or the Nexus MP v2 just cannot make up my mind which one I want at the moment LOL

I have just watched the video below, that Simon has already commented on.

Gotta say , I'm pretty disappointed with those results, even given the EMI. 
Having just dug a 1.6 grammer from a carefully measured 16 inches, and an 0.14 grammer from 3 inches, with my ZED / 22CC X coil ( which only has an 11 inch centre receive coil ), I would have expected much better from what is effectively a 10 inch round coil.
And yes, I know, my ZED / 22CC cost me about $8500 second hand. I'm sure that a 4000 / 4500 / 5000 would get that 2 grammer much deeper, and they can be got from less than $2K second hand for a 4000 ( have just seen one for $1600 ), and they include 3 speeds of automatic ground tracking, numerous performance settings, and the ability to run AI and DD coils.
Having said all that, it appears to be okay for a " cheap " machine, and certainly blows the QED out of the water!
For me, however, it's all about raw performance, and I could not tolerate a machine with limited depth capabilities, and no auto tracking, which is a must for patch hunting where you don't want to be ground balancing every couple of minutes. 

Hopefully, ALGO MK2 or MK3 will have auto tracking, and more punch, and then I would most certainly consider one!

Cheers, Rick

I have a feeling you're not their target market Rick 🙂  When you have the best of the best, you don't need anything else.

Not for me. I relic hunt in hot ground.

• 2 weeks later...