Triple Pair

I have been trying to put in as much time as I can on my old swim park site as the window of opportunity is closing fast.  The last few hunts have been concentrated on areas the D6 dozer has scraped off the top soil in leveling the site. It is amazing what the removal of 4-6 inches off the top changes. I have dug a fair number of additional targets, all at mid depth to fairly deep. So, 4-10 inch targets + 4-6 inch top soil removal = 8-16 inch original depth of these. I thought this to be instructive.  What has surprised me is that of these additional targets,  there have been 3 separate pairs of coins next to each other.  The first, a V Liberty Head Nickle & an early Buffalo a foot apart,   the second, an IHP & early Wheat Cent about 8 inches apart.  The next day was my third pair, a 1907 O Barber Half Dollar, and exactly 5 feet away, a 1918 S walking Liberty Half Dollar.   This struck me as being pretty neat. Then I realized that each pair are consecutive issues.  I think that is really neat.  Maybe I can find the other 3 pairs.

unnamed.jpg

unnamed (1).jpg

IMG_7683.JPG

IMG_7685.JPG

Fun stuff JCR.Ya gotta love those mint marks from the big N.O. they're not all that easy to come by.

Great timing on the hunt and some really nice finds. I hope they will clean up some for you so you can show them off.

Good luck on your next outing.

Can’t knock that!

🥸You found a great detecting situation ! 

Hope you have more success helping them to clear it out , and in the process find more of those pairs 🖖.

Finding even one silver half dollar is a great day, IMO, let alone two!  I find your depth measurements interesting/enlightening.  It makes me wonder what my 'hunted out' areas are hiding deep down....

I suspect you are getting in every free moment to detect that location before the inevitable 'development'.  Milk it for all it's worth!

I have more productive sites that can wait so yes, I will stay on this site so I have no regrets. It has been a privilege to hunt there and connect with a past that won't return. Sad to see it all wiped away.

Your mission Mr Phelps (if you decide to accept it) is to make sure they bury nothing but dirt ! 👍

As always we will disavow any knowledge of your activities and applaud your finds ! Dig 'em dig 'em !

Wow JCR,

That is quite the opportunity, and a real learning experience regarding depth. Sure fits in with all theory and speculation!

Hope you can get more out of it. 🍀