Update On Dalas™ Rod - Youtube Video Showing How This System Works.

Here's another idea I've thought about for swinging large coils all day.

(If your design works well though it's less complicated and less cumbersome)

Looking forward to hearing feedback from users in the field as my biggest grip with many systems is the tendency to not transfer the weight downwards enough. The pro harness caused back pain for me as the machine weight pulled me forward. 

The hipstick is a pain when bending over to retrieve targets but  has been the only option so far that works when swinging all-day

gpz1.JPG.aa4f6dc8b83a7af9e6309035b4a5dc82.JPG

8 hours ago, LuckyLundy said:

Quick, not sure if you’ve swung a GPZ 7000 with the Hip Stick on extended hours and combined days on a hunt!  The Hip Stick does pull on your Shoulder.  Doc’s DALAS transfers that stress to the Waist Line Clip.  As a beat up old guy, I’m looking forward for that Slow Boat!

Rick

No I haven’t, but I’ve run a 5000 with a 25”coil a lot more hours than most. 

I ask have you ever panned the drill cuttings from an underground mine day in and day out, so you can stay on the shoot line? Gold pan doesn’t weigh that much, but it will still work you, even when you’re younger. Definitely one of the hardest tasks in underground gold mining. 

I know Doc well, but it has been quite a few years sense I’ve been in contact with him. Not knocking his product just interested in how it is an improvement on an already fabulous invention.

I’ve also been custom fitted for a HipStick by Chris Porter, so I may be a bit sceptical of Doc trying to reinvent the wheel. 
I sure hope it is better than the HS I’m not getting any younger! 

7 hours ago, LuckyLundy said:

I’m looking forward for that Slow Boat!

Lucky have you used Doc's thing? or…?

Doc’s thing? Do tell Lucky? 

22 minutes ago, flakmagnet said:

Lucky have you used Doc's thing? or…?

Doc’s thing do tell Lucky! Wait scratch that…

I have read the full explanation of everything Doc and all I have to say is:
Crocks with socks? No...

26 minutes ago, flakmagnet said:

I have read the full explanation of everything Doc and all I have to say is:
Crocks with socks? No...

Flak, those are tennis shoes.  But I do have Crocs.  I often slip them on to run to the mail box.  Did I have Crocs on someplace in the video?  Oh Lord. It would not surprise me.  LOL

Doc

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

Flak, those are tennis shoes.  But I do have Crocs.  I often slip them on to run to the mail box.  Did I have Crocs on someplace in the video?  Oh Lord. It would not surprise me.  LOL

Doc

I’m just glad you didn’t fall in the pool with your detector! I can only hope to have your balance at you age. Well played!

16 minutes ago, Quick said:

Flak, those are tennis shoes.  But I do have Crocs. 

Yes Doc you do have crocks…and here they are…(with socks!) 

NO! lol...

Screenshot3.jpg.1a534fc1d35e40950a1b3e34487492a3.jpg

4 hours ago, Jin said:

Here's another idea I've thought about for swinging large coils all day.

(If your design works well though it's less complicated and less cumbersome)

Looking forward to hearing feedback from users in the field as my biggest grip with many systems is the tendency to not transfer the weight downwards enough. The pro harness caused back pain for me as the machine weight pulled me forward. 

The hipstick is a pain when bending over to retrieve targets but  has been the only option so far that works when swinging all-day

Jin,

The reason why the Pro Swing causes back pain is because it is not made correctly to achieve its desired purpose.  The basic concept is great.  But the execution leaves something to be desired.

The Pro Swing has an immovable attachment at the "D" ring.  That is where all the problem comes from.

You can not get a true transfer of weight if the implement transferring the weight at the point of origin of the weight being applied, is attached to something that would restrict the movement or interfere with the transfer of weight.  This is what happens with the D ring on the Pro-Swing which is attached to the strap and top of the strut.  The only place you can have an immovable point, to get a true redirection and transfer of weight is at the termination of the weight transfer, so in other words in the middle of the back like the Pro-Swing and the DALAS rod.

Anything that interferes with the transfer of weight, which the Pro-Swing Strut being integrated into the harness at the D ring does, it transfers the weight to your shoulder and not to the termination point.

So of course it pulls on your back via your shoulder,

I have used the Pro-Swing for years with a lot of success because I modified it, and the way it is worn.

First shorten the back panel so the wide belt fits right under your breast bone, NOT at the waist.  Tape all adjustment points and the right left connection point.

Second you must wear the Pro Swing high enough that you have a complete clearance of the shoulder strap off of your shoulder.  When you attach the bungee to the "D" ring the side the strut is on must be so high that you can still put your hand on your shoulder and the strap does not touch your hand.

Only then will you get a correct transfer of weight to the back termination point and not onto your shoulder.

Look at the attached pictures. See how high the shoulder strap is?  You can actually see daylight between the strap and my shoulder.

Doc

2018-11-0715_13.01-1.thumb.jpg.f14c10a6fda22826717e71b986ab6896.jpg

2019-02-1613_14_49.thumb.jpg.4c3cad711b865c5dd3db0e593376f21f.jpg

16 minutes ago, Quick said:

I’m just glad you didn’t fall in the pool with your detector! I can only hope to have your balance at you age. Well played!

Quick, I started dieting on January 1.  I've gone from 179 to 153 today.  I've been using the treadmill 4 miles a day and working out.  All of that has helped me tremendously with balance as well as a lot of other things.

It has however not shrunk my prostate.  My doctor says if it gets any bigger it will qualify for its own postal code... I can't wait! 😂

Doc