Update On Dalas™ Rod - Youtube Video Showing How This System Works.

11 minutes ago, flakmagnet said:

Yes Doc you do have crocks…and here they are…NO

I don't see the screen shot, but I'll take your word for it.  It would be just like me to do that. 

Just don't look at my feet!

Why are you looking at my feet anyway? 

I find it rather bizarre that one man would find another man's feet of interest.  Quit looking! 

And don't send me any private messages asking if I have pictures of myself barefooted.  LOL  😆

Doc

7 minutes ago, Doc said:

I don't see the screen shot, but I'll take your word for it.  It would be just like me to do that. 

Here is the screenshot;

Screenshot3.jpg.8bac59bd81572ee518f054395f155cf4.jpg

and the reason I looked at your feet was because I was checking to see if that rig you had on had an

attachment on the feet…it had one everywhere else.

1 minute ago, flakmagnet said:

Here is the screenshot;

and the reason I looked at your feet was because I was checking to see if that rig you had on had an

LOL, you got me.  I think you photo-shopped those in.  LOL  Gosh I had no idea I did that.  I probably stepped inside for a moment and not thinking put my CROCS on.  God I am so stupid.

Good catch Flak.

Doc

Doc, I'm just glad you're okay and was able to get that rig off...🙃 You have a great sense of humor….

2 hours ago, Quick said:

Wait frocks with socks? 
I have to ask were are you having this product made? I sure hope it is in America! 

You're so funny!  Find me a company in America that does molding that does not send their jobs to China and I will hire them.

First time I used an American Company to do molding for me, I paid $4700 for the molds alone.  Someone screwed up because when the product came one of the boxes had the invoice from the Chinese company that actually did the mold.  The actual price of the mold was $1,200. So I paid some American company $3.500 for the privilege of having them send the order to China?  I don't think so.  (I'm trying to remember the exact dollar amounts, but it was in the thousands of dollars.)

I can pay those prices for some company in America to basically do nothing but forward the orders to China and then you will be paying $320 for a DALAS rod instead of $129.95.

These are made by the same company I have worked with for over 25 years.  And yes they are in China.  In the area of Hong Kong that used to be under British rule.

By the way when Chris Porter was collecting all the bits and bobs to make his hip sticks, guess where all of those parts were made?  Jonathan Porter is now actually 3D printing the parts and has actually done some impressive improvements on the Hip Sticks.  Oh but I have a hunch that the 3D printer he uses was made, GUESS WHERE?

Thanks to our wonderful burdensome regulations here in the U.S. there are very few manufacturing companies left in the U.S.  Oh and what are your feelings about Australia having some of their machines made in Malaysia?

Company's who are smart look for the best quality at the best price so they can make goods that are affordable for their customers.  This allows their customers not to overspend on hobby and past-time accessories so they have more money left over to pay for necessities like, food, and taxes and mortgages.

Because of inflation American families can barely make their ends meet.  Food and gasoline are sky high.  They are not going to spend exorbitant amounts of money on non-necessities like metal detecting accessories.  Ask anyone's wife.  They will tell your that their husband has been a lunatic ever since he purchased his first metal detector.  She has probably already cut up his credit cards.

By the way the picture attached is a current view of all the container ships carrying good across the ocean right now.  Notice the massive amount of container ships coming out of China, going to the U.S. Australia, Africa and literally everywhere in the world?  If China stops producing we would all be naked and barefooted.

Doc

Screenshot2024-05-0823_33_43.thumb.png.762dc7e3a9822f5671f9d965fa1853d7.png

I hope this is OK @Doc I received one of Doc's Dalas today, have not used it yet as I need to have someone help me mark things out per @Doc's instructions but first impressions of the Dalas it is well built and I do not see the Dalas breaking the concept is fantastic, i did put it on my utility belt and attached it to my Axiom with the 16x14 Mono Coil Mounted and my first impressions this Dalas is going to work great, once I have it all adjusted per Doc's instructions, I think this Dalas is going to be a big hit with anyone that is swinging a detector and uses a hip stick, and anyone that has back issues such as myself I feel they are going to love this Dalas, will post more as I get it adjusted up and start actually swing the Axiom out in the field, so far I am impressed with what Doc Came up with, it does take two people to get everything marked up and adjusted to where you want it unless you have eyes on your backside and a extra pair of hands and arms to assist you in marking everything you will need an assistant for proper fitment of the Dalas 

On 5/8/2024 at 8:53 PM, flakmagnet said:

Here is the screenshot;

really no more attachments than the regular Hip Stick once you put screw everything together there is really only three attachments one at your back one to your harness and then the Quipple to the Dalas which is the same amount of attachment points as the hip stick

On 5/8/2024 at 3:08 PM, Doc said:

By the way I took the picture with the entire pool in the background so Gerry and Michelle will know there is plenty of room for Michell's floating lounge chair and Gerry's little inflatable arm floaties.  😅

Doc

2024-05-0813_48_21.thumb.jpg.9a577bcdbc4762b1f58c6ef204e4d8ca.jpg

You're the best Doc.  I'll be sure to get my sippy cup, the arm floaties, nose plugs, ear plugs and water cap.  You need to provide the Minelab coolie, so my sippy cup doesn't drown.

Now that's what 25+ yrs friends are for.