What Is Your Ultimate Detecting Goal

Hi All

What is your ultimate detecting goal?

What is a dream find? Realistic answers please.

Is it rare coin or the big gold nugget?

For me in a goldfields i would love to find multiouncer nugget.

I found bigger then ounce but not mulitouncer.

Personally i would try to find some nice rare coins in Europe and look for some lost treasure in the sea with a friend.

GoldEN

I have to say I am pretty content with what I have found over the years with a metal detector. Lots of great finds, lots of great adventure! I have never found a gold coin yet and would like to do that. On be other hand it can't be too much a priority for me as I keep chasing gold nuggets instead. I enjoy wandering around in the wilderness by myself. The nuggets are just a sort of bonus that happens in the process.

My answers not too long ago may have been different, but when put the the question right now, all I really want to do is remain in good health and doing this for as long as possible. I wish the same for you and everyone else!

I'm set on finding a 1-pounder someday. It's a tall order, but I know a few prospectors that have done it in the areas that I hunt so I know it can be done. And if I have to dig up a few ouncers in the process I guess I will... :biggrin:

Find a "sunbaker" as Big as my Hand! and the Next World Record Gold Nugget!:biggrin:

Yeah, for me I am very contented with my past detecting experiences, it is a magic journey and a privilege to be part of the "electronic gold rush". But...........................score a 100oz plus piece in the future................

My goal is to be the first person to detect on Mars, but if I only make it as far as the land downunder I'll be happy. ?

4 hours ago, idahogold said:

Find a "sunbaker" as Big as my Hand! and the Next World Record Gold Nugget!:biggrin:

Did you consider moving country?

Was fortunate to meet Kevin Hilliar and listen his story how he found Hand of Faith.Over 27 kilos in 1980.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hand_of_Faith

Been a long time  and many thousands detectors around.since.

Wish you a good luck.Records are there to be broken.

GoldEN

My goals are to completely wear out my jeep, invest tens of thousands of dollars in detecting technology that I haven't got the patience to use, freeze my @$$ off in the winter, bake myself to medium rare in the summer, be the worlds foremost expert on the social-economic impact of square nails, be the first to discover that I am not the first to discover something and meet a whole gob of darned good folks

I have succeeded beyond my wildest expectations

I started detecting when silver coins was just stop being made. So most finds was silver back then. I too have yet to find a gold coin and I'd like to find one.

Other than the gold coin I'm happy where I'm at now.

Chuck