An American In Australia :)

Gday Guys n Gals,

I thought i would retell this story from my page a few weeks ago as it still blows my mind that it happened :). Bob a lovely gentlemen from Northern California came across to Western Australia for a once in a lifetime adventure that he had been dreaming about for many decades. He wanted to prospect in the red dirt and flew across for 3 weeks with his next door neighbour Fred and a 7000 and a modded GP extreme(not the ideal detector unfortunately). After arriving he spent a few days doing an in class prospecting course which enabled him to use the company that was running the courses leases around town. Unfortunately Fred and himself didnt have much luck swinging there detectors and it reached the last day before they were heading back home the next day. For the entire 3 weeks i tried to get him to join me on a tag along tour(free of charge as my wife is american and i didnt want him going home empty handed) to some better ground but he persisted on his own until the last day where he finally gave in and decided to join me in a different area that i had access too. The guys only had a few hours before having to drive back to town before nightfall and in the last hour of the day and in fact his last hour detecting in Australia he managed to ping a fantastic 18 gram speci with approx 12 grams of gold in it! Unfortunately Fred who had never detected before this trip and using the GP extreme didnt find anything but Bob went home with a nice little chunk and in his words "at least my neighbours wont laugh at me now!" statement :) Made my day and i believe the gold gods rewarded him for his days & weeks of swinging that 7000 around Australia.

Steve

Congrats to bob who joined me on a one day tag along for his last day of a three week prospecting trip from America, three weeks he hadn't found a thing by himself with his 7000. Last hour of his last day detecting and he pulls out an 18 gram specie with approx 10-12 grams of gold! Absolutely made my day ! Well done bob ! Goes to show a little local knowledge goes a long way! 
270b.png270b.png270b.png270b.pngNugget in the Hand Prospecting270b.png270b.png270b.png270b.png270b.png270b.png1f44d.png?1f44d.png

bj1.jpg

bj2.jpg

Good on ya Aussieau!

Good of ya to finally be able to turn them out on some good ground.   Moral here I see is,"Never turn down an offer from the Locals."  We yanks can be stubborn as mules sometimes but then I know a few blokes down there just as stubborn and usually they are on the gold ;)

Yes, one great regret I have from my 2010 trip was turning Jonathan Porter down. He came to Marks camp for "tea" and invited me to come with him for a day or two. Because it was so near the end of the trip I was concerned that some event might delay my return. I really wanted to go...I wish I had gone...those opportunities rarely come around twice!

fred