A Few Days At Rye Patch

Lunk

Had a few days to detect out at Rye Patch, Nevada before the 3-day detector training class put on by Gerry’s Detectors. The weather was perfect - sunny and low 70’s. I was keen to see how the new update would handle the alkali-rich soil in conjunction with the GPZ-19 coil. Although the ground was dry, there was still a fair bit of moaning and groaning ground response with the large coil, but Locate Patch smoothed it out quite well, and favoring a faster swing speed allowed for increased ground coverage. After 20 minutes or so of operating in the Auto Ground Balance mode to allow the detector to get a good ferrite balance to the local soil, I switched over to Semi-Auto, as there didn’t seem to be much ferrite present. I was impressed with the depth and sensitivity to the small nuggets I was finding, the deepest at 14 inches gave a reasonable signal response from the get-go. All up 9 grams between 20 nuggets. The two thin bits in the lower left were found with a quick detect using the Gold Monster 1000 on an old patch.

222C6BBA-EF74-4099-B048-513C45BE87C9.thumb.jpeg.b19005688c15a4dad00a37be5cfce395.jpeg

Lunkmaster!

Well done.  I know how tough it is for me out there and you continue to bring them up from the dead.

3 hours ago, phoenix said:

Lunk are you able to run "normal" ground or are you in difficult?

Yes, that’s the beauty of the new update - being able to still run in Normal Ground Type in ground that necessitated the use of the Difficult setting before the update.