What Are Aptx Low Latency Headphones?

martygene

I think it is a matter of preference.

Personally in this case I wouldn't rely on one persons mind for a single product without any comparison, because I'm too picky about headphones and audio in general.

What's good enough for person a might be a disaster for person b.

7 hours ago, Sinclair said:

I think it is a matter of preference.

Personally in this case I wouldn't rely on one persons mind for a single product without any comparison, because I'm too picky about headphones and audio in general.

What's good enough for person a might be a disaster for person b.

Exactly, so test your run of the mill BT ear buds you already have lying around the house and if they don't do the trick, opt for Apt X LL.  Just as Dr. T's experience doesn't guarantee another won't have latency issues, it is not a certainty that the latency of non-APT X LL earphones will not be tolerable.  For example, I have not experienced noticeable audio lag while watching video with my high end BT sports headset, but it is not Apt X LL, so I am going to give them a shot on the Equinox. If latency is an issue, hello APT X LL.  In the mean time I can use the supplied APT X ll headset.

BTW - Thanks for pointing out the difference between APT X LL vs APT X and for the latency comparison chart.

• Like 1

On 1/14/2018 at 10:21 PM, martygene said:

thanks Michael. i do wear hearing aids so there might be a quest for good sounding headphones. 

I too wear HAs. I've enjoyed the comfort and utility of Motorola buds. They seal the ear canal behind the sound tubes so I get to hear the outside world through hearing aids controlled volume and have the APTx Bluetooth signal at a level that overrides my tinnitus. On top of that they are comfortable and the setup works great in a motorcycle helmet!

Hearing the 800 supported APTX met one of the primary considerations for my next detector. That along with multiple simultaneous freqs and waterproof. Upgradable firmware also. It's hard to wait, but there's a foot of snow on the ground...

On 1/15/2018 at 9:14 AM, Chase Goldman said:

Besides classes, does anyone have an idea how to use four wireless headsets connected to a single detector?  Is this a solution looking for problem or are their practical uses?

FM transmitter on the detector from the headphone jack. Lots of headphones have fm receivers...

17 minutes ago, SteveJJ said:

FM transmitter on the detector from the headphone jack. Lots of headphones have fm receivers...

I wasn’t asking how to do it but how to use it (besides for user instruction).  Or more to the point, “Why?” The Equinox already has this capability built in (you can pair 4 WM08 modules to it simultaneously).  I see a joke in the making, “How many detectorists do you need to operate an Equinox - 4.  One to...” :laugh:

Motorola buds... any particular ones SteveJJ?  That "sounds" like a good fix for us hearing aid wearers. Thanks

3 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

I wasn’t asking how to do it but how to use it (besides for user instruction).  Or more to the point, “Why?” The Equinox already has this capability built in (you can pair 4 WM08 modules to it simultaneously).  I see a joke in the making, “How many detectorists do you need to operate an Equinox - 4.  One to...” :laugh:

It is probably a solution looking for a problem but I go detecting with my son and it will be fun for him to "listen in". Usually he is just the digger/pinpointer operator.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I got some 4.1 Bluetooth wireless earbuds and i cant get them to connect..... they say 4.0 and 3.0 will also work with theses earbuds...

It seems like they pair because the detector goes quiet and the headphone icon appears on the screen... but i still can't hear anything on the earbuds..... standby....

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/16/2018 at 2:39 AM, Randy Dee said:

The CTX-3030 using the WM10 is very much the same as the Equinox 800 using the WM8 and both allow the user to use their own preferred headphones, here in the UK we have a Minelab tester called Gordon Heritage who makes his own brand of headphones called GOGS and so as to utilise them on the WM10 wireless receiver he supplies them with a short screw on curly cable and a longer screw on curly cable to allow the user to use any other detector with his headphones.

Gordon owns and runs the (MLO) Minelab Owners Forum here in the UK and where there is plenty of information about his GOG's headphones.

When I am using my CTX-3030 I put the WM10 wireless receiver in my left shirt pocket and utilise the short curly cable and there is no dangling cables and I have used this setup for the past 5 years with the CTX without any problems and for me to use the same idea with the Equinox WM8 I will need a ¼" to a 1/8" adapter plug about £3 on ebay.

Randy,

Did your adapter work with the WM08 ok?

Mitchel