What Are Aptx Low Latency Headphones?

martygene

it probably costs them all of $5 to build it"

you're probably right about that Cal_Cobra. 

i guess that i'll have to use them for a bit and see how they work for me, reactivity, comfort and sound wise

I think this has already been said, but is the port on the WM-08 1/8"?  If so, does anyone know of the "right" adapter to change it to 1/4"?  Stereo?  Mono?  Mono male to stereo female?  Something else, that is special or specific to the WM-08?

Sorry for the possibly dumb question, but I know for the CTX, to get the unit's speaker to turn off when using headphones and plugging direct to the machine, it takes a specific connector, and if using an adapter, it needs to be mono male to stereo female, I believe).

Steve

7 hours ago, Cal_Cobra said:

It already comes with BT AptX headphones, and from all accounts they work very well.  To be honest, I'm not sure why they provide the wireless module on the E800.

Well - you can use your favorite existing headphones with the benefit of having no wire running to the detector...

I really like that feature!

4 hours ago, Sinclair said:

Well - you can use your favorite existing headphones with the benefit of having no wire running to the detector...

Well that is good. There is no other phone I want to run on the beach other than Black Widows! 

Dave

2 hours ago, midalake said:

Well that is good. There is no other phone I want to run on the beach other than Black Widows! 

Dave

Nice, among some others I used the Jolly Rogers. Got them silly cheap and put different drivers in them. Now they sound pretty decent.

Both Equinox models can use standard Bluetooth headphones (there will be obvious lag), aptX Bluetooth (barely discernible lag), and the WM08 module (no apparent lag).

The Equinox 600 comes with basic wired headphones, 1/8" stereo, the same set that ships with the Gold Monster 1000. These are ok headphones but rest on top of the ear, so not my preferred solution.

The Equinox 800 comes with both aptX headphones and the WM08 module. The headphones are lightweight, decent sound quality, fit completely over my ears (but may not if you have large ears), and the lag is not enough to bother me even in the densest trash. It's there on a faster swing but more or less disappears when I focus on the target. For me the extra speed of the WM08 has not been worth needing to get yet another device involved in the process, so aptX is fine with me, and offers a countless array of third party options. I will test all my various Bluetooth phones (like Air Pods) very soon and report.

Important Info: Only one Bluetooth device may be paired with Equinox at one time. It is possible to pair up to four WM08 devices at once for training purposes. Or anything else if you can think of another reason but I can't. You must choose to use Bluetooth or WM08 - both cannot be employed at once.

The WM08 has a standard 1/8" stereo jack recessed into a waterproof fitting. The opening is about 10 mm or 3/8" so anything smaller than that will plug in directly. Note there is also an o-ring at the bottom of the "well" that could keep a 9 mm jack from being able to seat completely and firmly - a smaller extension may be needed depending on what you try and plug in. As already mentioned, the WM08 allows you to use any favorite plug in headphone wirelessly and so will be an option for those wanting either the fastest speed and/or the ability to use existing headphones people own.

minelab-wm08-module-side-view-port.jpg

19 hours ago, Sinclair said:

I suppose, although now you no longer have a wireless solution.  

Since I went wireless on my Racer2 and Impact, I never want to go back to corded headphones.

3 hours ago, Cal_Cobra said:

I suppose, although now you no longer have a wireless solution.  

Since I went wireless on my Racer2 and Impact, I never want to go back to corded headphones.

I see no problem there.. run the cable unter your T-shirt, jacket or what ever and your're good to go. Until now I've managed digging with corded headphones, but that involved a long research and testing phase with different types of cables to get satisfying results :rolleyes:

Nowadays it's surprisingly hard to find good or even any spiral cable.. :wacko:

Most of the time it's ok for me, but gets pesky if I have to dig deep / big holes. So I'm looking forward testing / using both solutions.

It's never a bad idea to have options for different demands - choose what you prefer :smile: