My First Impressions And Relic Hunting Potential

Mtwolf2270

5 minutes ago, Equinox1881 said:

Glad its working for you in your soil but so far my ctx is more accurate in ID AND DEPTH than my nox i really dont like the nox so far but i will give it another chance but it doesn't look good?

I would hope the ctx is at least a little bit better, it costs $2500 compared the mid level Nox

Culpeper is not far from my home. I hunt the red dirt . Hang onto that GPX. I have been testing the "Changer" in site conditions similar to yours. Glad it's working for you. Good report.

The GPX is not going anywhere in Culpeper, it is still king.  Take it into a ration can littered trash field, and I can see where the Equinox might have an advantage.   Right tool for the job.

That's why statements like the CTX cost $2500 so it must be "better" are misnomers.  Yeah, the CTX will give you a solid TID on deep silver but it will be blind to a relatively shallow Block I button in mineralized soil that will be easy pickings for the Equinox, which is worth more to you?  Only the buyer can decide for themselves.

• Like 2

I feel people have missed my point. I never meant for my post to offer up the nox was better then this machine or that machine. The ctx is a great machine i  The right conditions but do to my hunting conditions and locations it's not the right tool for the job. I spent 5 full years with the ctx hundreds of hours had it since day 1. So I can say with total confidence in mineralized soil it sometimes struggles.  You can't build a house with just a hammer. My point was in conditions that the ctx struggles and in conditions where other vlfs fall short. The equinox may perform I also pointed out that the gpx is King in hot soil and my goto in Culpeper but in heavy iron or trashy areas the gpx is hard to use again a void the nox may fill. Sorry if that was not clear. I am a believer in pick the right tool for the job. 

• Like 2

On 2/26/2018 at 4:55 AM, George Kinsey said:

Culpeper is not far from my home. I hunt the red dirt . Hang onto that GPX. I have been testing the "Changer" in site conditions similar to yours. Glad it's working for you. Good report.

Are you not doing well in Culpeper with it? again not compared to a gpx that's apples and oranges. Compared to other vlfs 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mtwolf2270 said:

I feel people have missed my point. I never meant for my post to offer up the nox was better then this machine or that machine. The ctx is a great machine i  The right conditions but do to my hunting conditions and locations it's not the right tool for the job. I spent 5 full years with the ctx hundreds of hours had it since day 1. So I can say with total confidence in mineralized soil it sometimes struggles.  You can't build a house with just a hammer. My point was in conditions that the ctx struggles and in conditions where other vlfs fall short. The equinox may perform I also pointed out that the gpx is King in hot soil and my goto in Culpeper but in heavy iron or trashy areas the gpx is hard to use again a void the nox may fill. Sorry if that was not clear. I am a believer in pick the right tool for the job. 

4 minutes ago, Mtwolf2270 said:

Are you not doing well in Culpeper with it? again not compared to a gpx that's apples and oranges. Compared to other vlfs 

I think you know, but I got your point completely.  I was responding to George and jacob7z.  Just to be clear.