Sometimes It Isn't What You Found But What You're Finding

I had a funny experience.  Last summer there was a park scrape at an 1860's San Francisco park, and one evening I was detecting it with my Racer2 and I got a funky signal, just like you describe.  It had repeatable high tone, but seemed really large, but at one point I could get a fairly repeatable high 80's signal.  I dug and found a big piece of old 1800's copper wire all twisted up into a large formation, and figured that was the culprit, but I swung over the spot again, and this time was getting a solid 89, nice and tight small signal, and dug out a barber quarter.  The irony is that this was an area that had the grass just barely scrapped off, in a park that had been hunted to death, so I have no doubt that signal had been detected dozens of times over the years, but folks simply figured because it sounded so funky and possibly large, they moved on. 

HH,
Cal

50 minutes ago, Cal_Cobra said:

Nice report Chase!!

What settings are you using for the beach?

HH,
Cal

Pretty much Beach 1 with default settings including GB, noise cancelled and sensitivity adjusted as needed but not too far +/- from 20 which indeed seems like the sweet spot.  

Another beer can day. I hit 27 beer or soda cans in about 30 mins. I could usually tell with my TRX pin pointer because I would get solid beeps in all directions about 3" from center. They rang in mostly around 26 but some came in at 31 and 32. It was a really trashy park that was built after Katrina. I did pluck a few dimes out of there but it was slim pickens and I am beginning to learn the foot print of the cans by the Equinox pin point center. It will center the pin point sometimes in more than one spot up to 4" away from where I got my strongest signal.. I am still so green with this detector I am trying to read more into some of the signals that what's there. Still using park 1.

I do love how I can pick a good target out of multiple targets close by.