Equinox & Electric Livestock Fence

Chase gave an excellent detailed response. Mine is the same but will make it super short and in rough order.

1. Do the automatic noise cancel.
  2. If step one does not work, try reducing sensitivity a few steps. Each drop in sensitivity has quite a large effect on EMI.
  3. If you have an 800 you might want to try manual noise cancel, but if auto did not work this is usually just a fine tuning step.
  4. Try the single frequency options. Lower frequencies are usually more susceptible to EMI. This can have a massive impact and will usually fix all but the worst problems.
  5. Some Search Profiles may be quieter than others so trying each of them in conjunction with the above steps may help.

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Chase gave an excellent detailed response. Mine is the same but will make it super short and in rough order.

1. Do the automatic noise cancel.
  2. If step one does not work, try reducing sensitivity a few steps. Each drop in sensitivity has quite a large effect on EMI.
  3. If you have an 800 you might want to try manual noise cancel, but if auto did not work this is usually just a fine tuning step.
  4. Try the single frequency options. Lower frequencies are usually more susceptible to EMI. This can have a massive impact and will usually fix all but the worst problems.
  5. Some Search Profiles may be quieter than others so trying each of them in conjunction with the above steps may help.

Thanks Steve - all of this is very helpful and the advice is appreciated. I've always wanted to try a Minelab, but the weight always scared me off. (Bad elbow). But Minelab seems to have addressed that concern with the Equinox. Looking very forward to see if the unit lives up to what I'm reading. Very excited about the possibilities.