Ground Balanced On The GPZ

russ

Rabbit holes indeed ;)

GB, Thanks for the update.  You make a very important observation that I see missing in other posts. Your Quote : l can honestly say the 4500 Enhance handled hot pockets and hot rocks better than the GPZ using audio smoothing off, it also loves charcoal and moisture rich tree roots.  : End quote.

The "it" I am assuming *and if it makes an ass of me well..." is that the GPZ has a similar taste in materials.

Its the last part of the quote that no ones really saying anything about but something that's understood by many detectorists.

Charcoal, moister rich roots and the fact that plants often concentrate minerals around the roots are something that the GPZ see's to some extent.

No amount of ground balancing that I know can eliminate these responses.  I'll tie that with another post that has observations of heel to toe coil movement to balance something of this helps sort it out.  Not to eliminate but makes the GPZ less responsive such items.  Not sure how it will work over hot clay domes and the such.... your observation tells me that you still have to dig it out to clear up what your hearing.

My thoughts.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic