Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

Yeah Rick it's the 14x10 Excellerator EQ2, It is a fraction lighter than the factory 10"DD, On single coins it will add up to 2 or 3" but on larger Items we are talking in FEET. when I bought the first one I liked it that much I ordered another one the very next day,

Once I was using it and when I was using my small pick that coil was picking up my pick at over 2 metres away giving a soft all metal sound, It is very sensitive and lets the machine use all it's power.

• Like 2

What a fantastic trip!

I loved tagging along as you told your tale, and the pictures were priceless.

Thanks for taking the time to write about your adventures Steve, nicely done, and all the best wherever you go to chase the gold,

Lanny

• Like 1

For me that would be a once in a life time trip.  I'm very happy for you.  Over the years I got to go to one GNRS in 2013, sponsored by LC over at the treasure d site. .  Met many of the forum guys I had corresponded with for over a decade.  For me it was a wonderful 2 day hunt.  I often wonder how much better, or rather what I'd found if I'd had my Equinox. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Who's that waaaaay down there hunting along the River Stour? That's Steve! 20181022_162323.thumb.jpg.f35214766a1f2d34d55ac3d5a371f713.jpg

I just realized that I never commented on this thread. Sorry about that!

That's a great write up on your trip Steve! And some great pictures to go along with it! I should've stopped to take more photos and videos than I did. And! I wish I would've got the chance to look at your votive offering that you found while I was there. But the powers that be swoop in pretty quickly with the gold items! It looks as if our paths may cross again my friend! Hopefully we'll be blessed with another nice long stretch of awesome weather again!! 

Until then, dig deep and dump high, may there be a killer find in your path!

Congrats on your finds! ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a short video of me in Colchester where I found a 1363 hammered Gold Quarter Noble coin from King Edward The III reign. The people that Steve and I booked with are a great bunch and know their stuff. If you can ever make that trip it is well worth it. 

• Like 3

Hi Steve, a great report, I really enjoyed it, especially your observations on our British ways. 

What settings did you use whist during the trip? I assume Park2 with an increased IB? Or were you in your favorite gold mode?

P.S. the Wavery white lines go with the Pedestrian crossing, means no stopping, and always fines, points on the License if seen by the police.

Re the Weather, we have new weather fronts (with rain) coming in all year round from the West roughly every 3 days, so very variable. Sometime between May to September, we will have one week of blue skies, warm weather no rain, due to a stationary high pressure zone, but we never know when.  The North is Colder than the South, so as mentioned the best time to come is when the farmers let you on their fields. Pasture and Meadow is available all the year round, but long grass is a pain.

Cheers Clive

Hello Clive,

I as usual was using unconventional settings that reflect my priorities for the trip, and not what a person with unlimited time might use. I was cherry picking to a certain degree.

I wrote up a long article about the settings I was using and the rationale for the settings that I submitted to Minelab for publication on Treasure Talk.. I don't want to step on the articles toes, so to speak, so I am emailing Minelab right now to see if it will publish soon. If not I may go ahead and list the settings, but then people will probably say I am nuts, and I won't be able to explain why I did what I did because that is what the article is all about!

Anyway, I will get back to you on this thread soon one way or the other about all that. Thanks for asking. I thoroughly enjoyed every moment in your great country!

• Like 1