Mopping Up

davidh

We recieved the 15's from Crawfords in the UK . Who kindly sent mine with Randy's together for Saturday delivery .Thank you the Crawfords crew you made this hunt possible .

Kev my son with his sooty and sweep went out with Randy Dee on a permission that has been well detected in the last few years .

And producing Roman coins and artifacts . Randy and my self where armed with the new 15 inch coil . I was in field1, AM ,5T,BIAS 4,RECOVERY 2 . I usually set at 20 but due to the nature of the field iron infested . I settled with 17 with the 15 . It worked great . As we progressed I meet up with Randy mid morning (fund out ) Bloody hell the whyly fox had 8 romans .His comment was THIS A CRACKING COIL. Coming from Randy that a great complement as he has 40 ++ years detecting and has had the machines . I had 2 ???? I was detecting back to the car for lunch . BANG 31 hhhuuumm . Dug over the full length of my JR Stainless spade . Tried it still in the hole reading 29/30 .By this time Randy and Kev had appeared . Randy gave it a swing hhhuumm summet there DEEP . So I dug 4/5 inch out with my digging tool place it on the side looked .Could see a silver glinting in the muck . I pick it up gave it to Randy .he said its a bloody Denarius and an early won .'Turned out to be a Vespiasian . 69/79 AD . My first Roman Silver and a cracker . I ended up with 8 roman bronzes and the Denarius . nice roman brooch . Randy really cut it up 22 romans and other bita and pieces .Kev had 8 and a very nice snake item (*brooch) ???  Se if I can put some pics on . Well done Minelab on producing a fantastic coil WHICH will stay on the Noxie .

S2.jpg

SCLEAN1.jpg

GROUP.jpg

B1.jpg

Randy finds.jpg

22(!) romans - that's freakin' awesome!

Great finds especially the condition. Most similar finds in the Colchester area suffer due to decades exposure to fertilizers and insecticides. The detail on your finds is stunning - congratulations!

The 15” coil I think takes Equinox to the next level for U.K. style field hunting. A must have really.

On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 7:04 AM, phrunt said:

That's incredible, no wonder Steve is recommending a trip to the UK ?

Those old coins are just brilliant.

Not all the field are as generous  lol . We where lucky to get invited by our good friend Randy onto his permission  .