Thanks Folks! 
I do enjoy my time in the mountains, lukily i live nestled amoungst them so its not hard to find solitude and peace. My grandma is very comfy in a hospice house - high as a kite but not suffering. Condolences on you grandmother deathray.

I am fortunate that my area isnt as well documented as the mother load since along with the ruggedness ,it keeps allot of tourist detectors from findn my spots.  The big mines are all documented pretty well but the majority of mineing was small and not recorded. In some areas nearly every gulch for miles has gold, its never easy to find but its their in its various shapes and sizes. I've been doing some good research this last year and have been learning of some new areas to hit. I have more spots to go then i'll ever have time for. As you said Scott most areas must be hiked through to find.

I see otters quit frequently also they are one of my favorite critters -  My nickname Featherdfishead is in reference to the American Dipper or Water Ouzel - one of my favorite birds - always out with me mining and enjoying the mountains year round and singing the most beautiful songs while all the other birds are quit. I'd love to adventure in the Pyrenesse. Good Luck Rumblefish

Knowing that true white gold doesn't exist, but hoping that my piece was just extremely white i put it to the torch after the Easter egg hunt this morning. My hopes went up in mercury smoke. I'd seen allot of merc gold before from Whites and Eddys Gulchs on the Salmon River but they were much more coated and appeared almost waxy like old lead. Any way now she's lookn nicen gold.
AjR

Happy Easter!

post-661-0-76878900-1428249710_thumb.jpg

nice, that would look really nice framed by nails. pm me if you need some nails. :)