Makro Gold Racer 56 kHz - Coming Soon!

Ya I'm curious about the iMask too.

Wonder if its a way to notch out or silence unwanted signals.

The two different disc modes are interesting too.

I'm thinking they might have dropped the 3 tone which is fine with me as long as you can fly between the saved modes to check signals easily.

With the adjustable tone break I wouldn't really need 3 tones.

Bryan

post-1-0-92343700-1448044209_thumb.jpg

iMask is indeed an adjustable attenuation of target responses on the disc side of things. The intention just like with iSAT is to tame the chatty responses that can occur with a high frequency, high gain device in severely mineralized ground. Just like everything there is a trade off that occurs between stability and sensitivity when using iMask.

It is late and I will be involved in detector testing all day tomorrow. Not air tests, I rarely do that at all any more except to gather basic reference information. Out in the field, so will be offline all day. In case nobody has guessed I have quite a few hours on Gold Racer prototypes and will do up a detailed report for you on Saturday. Yes, in my opinion the detector has been worth the wait. I have never had the pleasure of using anything quite like it before. A lot of work from a lot of people around the world went into this one.

• Like 6

Hello all, I have also been playing with the Makro Gold Racer. I will be posting a bunch of pictures and maybe a video of recent finds soon as I get the all clear from Dilek. I will leave the detailed report to Steve as he always does a fantastic job getting the technical information out. I like the detector, lots of settings but easy to learn. The manufacturer has listened to many people and has made lots of changes towards the final product. I have tested several Gold Racers before the final product was given the go ahead. I am very satisfied with the performance of the Gold Racer and I think many of you guys will also like it.Thanks, TRINITYAU/RAYMILLS

• Like 6

Well,its great to know 2 of the official testers are on this forum !! At least we will find out the good and the not so good from people we trust.

However, I  need to thin down my herd of machines soon, can only swing 1 at a time. A new gold detector will have to go on the Wish list.

• Like 2

Well, I got a kinda sorta got the go ahead from Dilek on Friday but sent back an email double-checking with her on whether there are any limitations on my ability to blab away in my normal fashion. That, and I got busy testing detectors this weekend, including just getting back from a park detecting go with the Gold Racer. I am hoping to hear back by morning and get one thing posted tomorrow. Like the detector itself, I hope to make it worth the wait.

Well, I got a kinda sorta got the go ahead from Dilek on Friday but sent back an email double-checking with her on whether there are any limitations on my ability to blab away in my normal fashion. That, and I got busy testing detectors this weekend, including just getting back from a park detecting go with the Gold Racer. I am hoping to hear back by morning and get one thing posted tomorrow. Like the detector itself, I hope to make it worth the wait.

Thank you Steve - you may post your test results. The only thing is, I want members to be clear that the device you have on hand does not have the final menu setup.  It is also missing the Audio Boost function and the revised iSAT resolution which were added to the device after its test results in Australia. Other than that, the performance is the same and I leave that up to you to comment on. I also want to thank you once again for taking the time to test this device and provide us with your very valuable feedbacks. 

• Like 7

Hello all, I have also been playing with the Makro Gold Racer. I will be posting a bunch of pictures and maybe a video of recent finds soon as I get the all clear from Dilek. I will leave the detailed report to Steve as he always does a fantastic job getting the technical information out. I like the detector, lots of settings but easy to learn. The manufacturer has listened to many people and has made lots of changes towards the final product. I have tested several Gold Racers before the final product was given the go ahead. I am very satisfied with the performance of the Gold Racer and I think many of you guys will also like it.Thanks, TRINITYAU/RAYMILLS

Thank you Ray! My comments to Steve's post applies here as well. You may post your test results keeping in mind that the device you have on hand does not have the final menu setup.  It is also missing the Audio Boost function and the revised iSAT resolution which were added to the device after its test results in Australia. Other than that, the performance is the same. Thank you very much for taking the time to test this device and provide us with your very valuable feedbacks. 

• Like 2