Equinox Battery Mah?

Cabo Chris

On 1/5/2018 at 6:22 AM, Steve Herschbach said:

Who knew it was a disturbing subject. :smile: Actually the question was asked and my answer was “I charge nightly, never have a problem”. That said, I don’t see the harm in people exploring options. I detect a week at a time off the grid, and so power options always interest me. Of even more interest to me is the counterweighting concept, and in my mind there is no point in doing one without doing the other. So I am looking to make a coil counterweight - it just so happens it will double as a battery extender.

Between my detector, cell phone, GPS, etc. I am getting one of these, which can also give me emergency jump capability when I am on my long trips alone out in the desert. It’s not for the Equinox per se, actually the GPZ that prompted it. That and a scary episode where I ran my truck battery dead trying to charge some stuff at a remote location. It ended up working out but was too close for comfort.

https://www.amazon.com/NOCO-GB70-UltraSafe-Lithium-Starter

299E7C96-1F46-4C88-B69E-C884F9C1BACA.jpeg

As far as Equinox goes I have no doubt I will be rigging a counterweight for use with the 12” x 15” coil and it may as well be a battery pack also, so there you go. I won’t be using the beast above for that however!

These things are amazing.  I have one -- not this brand, but something similar, and they charge ANYTHING -- they come with all sorts of cables/adapters, AND -- they DO jump-start!  I got a couple about a year ago, for my and my wife's vehicles, and for the first time, a couple of months ago, I had to use it.  A lady's car was dead in a convenience store parking lot, and so I had the chance to try a "jump" that did not involve the typical "jumper cables" method.  Worked like a charm.  Even though that's what it's "supposed" to do, I have to say I was a bit surprised when her SUV fired right up, using that little hand-held charger!

While it's a bit large to use with the Equinox, as Steve notes, it's NOT too large for recharging your smaller recharger...

Steve