Digital Scales

rled2005

On 12/14/2019 at 12:31 PM, klunker said:

I might wash up on the shores of New Zealand one of these days then I would need a scale that weighs tiny bits in grams.

Nothing wrong with a one gram bit of gold.

• Like 1

rled2005:  I am glad that you asked about gold scales.  I too have been pondering this question and considering posing such a question.  About 2 years ago I purchased a gold scales on the recommendation of a blogger and have been disappointed with it.  The repeatability and sensitivity are not as I had hoped.  Steve H. brought up some good points so I decided to investigate reloading scales.  The Frankford Arsenal Scales appears to be the most sensitive of the intermediate price range scales.  Although there may be higher priced and more sensitive reloading scales, a quick Google search did not reveal them to me.  The Frankford web site listed the scale accuracy at 0.1 grains accuracy.  I am currently working in an area with fine gold so a more sensitive scale is an advantage to me.  This detail allows me to better calibrate my metal detectors and also aid in a gold related research project.  I was unaware of the Frankford scales so thank you for bringing it to my attention.  And I decided to "bite the bullet" and ordered one from Amazon.  Thanks again for this thread.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Cascade Steven said:

rled2005:  I am glad that you asked about gold scales.  I too have been pondering this question and considering posing such a question.  About 2 years ago I purchased a gold scales on the recommendation of a blogger and have been disappointed with it.  The repeatability and sensitivity are not as I had hoped.  Steve H. brought up some good points so I decided to investigate reloading scales.  The Frankford Arsenal Scales appears to be the most sensitive of the intermediate price range scales.  Although there may be higher priced and more sensitive reloading scales, a quick Google search did not reveal them to me.  The Frankford web site listed the scale accuracy at 0.1 grains accuracy.  I am currently working in an area with fine gold so a more sensitive scale is an advantage to me.  This detail allows me to better calibrate my metal detectors and also aid in a gold related research project.  I was unaware of the Frankford scales so thank you for bringing it to my attention.  And I decided to "bite the bullet" and ordered one from Amazon.  Thanks again for this thread.

I ended up buying this one. It is rechargeable. Also, I didn't want one more sensitive than this because I have other needs for the scale besides fine gold.

AmazonSmile: Triton T3R Rechargeable Scale 500g x .01g : Office Products

Also, It fits in my pocket, and no worries about shelf space.

• Like 2