Big Silver Detected With Equinox :)

Guest calabash digger
5 hours ago, Cal_Cobra said:

TONs of iron, machine gun sea of nails, along with big stuff too, and lots of that flat rusty tin thrown in for good measure 🙂

That is where I feel most at home with a metal detector......That sounds like my kind site!

11 hours ago, Cal_Cobra said:

...We do have history here, from the early fur-trade and Spanish Mission influence to the gold rush and great railroad expansion, but as California becomes the most populous state in the United States, it's disappearing by the day as it's being turned into a cement jungle.

That's a problem in many parts of the world.  Lying in bed last night I was thinking about my upcoming "Detecting New Year's Resolutions" of expanding my detecting horizons.  We have ghost towns, too.  (I recall reading the number of USA ghost towns that still exist -- can't remember but something like more than 50,000?)  And as you point out, many good detecting sites have disappeared due to development, both residential and commercial.  We (i.e. all detectorists) can sit back and lament or go find the juicy sites that remain.  2021 will be as good as we choose to make it.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, calabash digger said:

That is where I feel most at home with a metal detector......That sounds like my kind site!

Same here buddy, I've pulled some great keepers out of the iron abyss 👍