Detecting Beach Rocks For A 10k With Diamonds!

Beauty of a ring! I do the same, keep walking once you get a certain line. Walk until it peters out, then back track if the tides allow it. Great find!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sweet!!💍👍👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Very nice find!

Glad to see someone finding something good.

Good luck on your next hunt.

• Thanks 1

Sometimes a 'method' works and sometimes well ... you just don't get over a good one.  Fortunately I did have some clues that kept me true long enough for it to pay off.  The light little ring was very shallow.  There were some deep pennies.  Targets were not as 'clear' so I had to dig at all of them and not rely upon a certain ID.  Anytime anyone hunts a beach you also have to add an element of luck.  How many other 'good' things did I miss?  That is where you choose a 'method' and a certain beach to increase your probabilities.

• Like 2

Mitchel very nice ring...I love it when the rocks show on the beach...one of my little beaches has some good indicators (concrete chunks) that show when the sand is down a bit...I hunt ghetto areas mostly...yesterday I knew right away that I was wasting my time but I had about an hour to spare between calls so I  tried anyways. I like how you incorporate wave energy and patterns into your thinking when hunting beaches as they are constantly changing and it takes a trained eye to see what areas look like they might be worth investigating...Most casual observers would not notice these changes unless a major storm was to occur..

I'm wondering what philosophies and tactics you use on dry sand?  for instance my wife and I are going to pismo in August for a few days...I notice the same guy every year (a local hunter) hits the most crowded area on the beach every morning without fail......he only hunts the dry sand towel line..He gets there right at day light hunts for about two hours and leaves...The towel line can be very productive area to hunt (I found my biggest gold ring in the towel line)...so my plan is to hunt the towel line at night with my head light so I can beat the greedy bastard at his own game....The beach seems a lot simpler when you leave out the waves 🙂 

strick

• Like 1
  • Haha 3