Gold Medal For Beach Hunter

Great find an I hope that you can return it to whoever lost it. Lets just hope it isn't really a guy that thinks he's a girl that won it.

Hope you get the 4wd fixed to get to the fields.

Good luck and happy hunting.

• Haha 3

Cann River is a small town (200 odd people) that you have to pass though if you come down the East coast of Aus. after leaving NSW

Cann River is a town in the East Gippsland region of Victoria in Australia. The town is located on the Cann River at the junction of the Princes Highway and the Monaro Highway, in the Shire of East Gippsland. At the 2016 census, Cann River had a population of 194 people.Wikipedia

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rvpopeye said:

Gold medals are usually not really gold but that one sure looks like it IS !  ??

If only it was gold.. don't think I'd be returning it in a hurry if it was real.. I'd probably melt it down instead.. 😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

It's a shame it wasn't an Olympic medal.  6 grams of gold is decent, more gold in an Olympic medal than my biggest ever nugget 🙂

Olympic gold medals are required to be made from at least 92.5% silver, and must contain a minimum of 6 grams of gold. All Olympic medals must be at least 60mm in diameter and 3mm thick. ... Winter Olympics medals have been of more varied design. The silver and bronze medals have always borne the same designs.

• Like 3

I've just had a reply from the college! It turns out the gold medal winner is a lady called Joan.. I'll send it back first thing tomorrow morning.. Heaps of good Karma coming my way! 😁

• Like 9

Congrats on finding the owner, and may the gold gods show you their mercy and kindness.

I just hope that Joan is not really a John in disguise.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Erik Oostra said:

I've just had a reply from the college!

Glad I could put a smile on your face, but just think about when you get to meet Joan/John. I bet you will be checking for an Adams apple.

• Haha 2