Wild Guess What Type Of Rock This Is?

It's still an interesting rock. I wonder how it would look if it was polished.

• Like 1

I forgot the tejon is 17.5khz so that would explain why the magnetite breaks so high, probably similar in proportion to the Multi Kruzer running 19khz and standard scale. Sensitivity on it only seems to effect when the target is on the fringe and not by much.

Is a cool rock, when I was detecting some ponds couple years ago I had a magnet in the bottom of my scoop to catch any iron like smaller nails and when I looked at the magnet it was covered with bits of this stuff, looked like a black chia pet.

Wonder if a pi would see past this? May run it over my Seahunter to check. Wish I had a PI for land that was tame around emi.

9 hours ago, kac said:

Wonder if a pi would see past this? May run it over my Seahunter to check. Wish I had a PI for land that was tame around emi.

About time you came around to my request from a few posts ago. 😄

Another check would be to put an ohm-meter (multimeter) on it to see if it conducts.  I had a similarly (sorta) looking rock I found in the Merced River (California motherload country) which gave a strong signal right at the ferrous-nonferrous boundary for dTID, but only on VLF's.  With my TDI (PI) it was dead silent.  Using an ohm-meter it showed near zero resistance.  I'm pretty sure it had a lot of graphite in it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

About time you came around to my request from a few posts ago. 😄

Another check would be to put an ohm-meter (multimeter) on it to see if it conducts.  I had a similarly (sorta) looking rock I found in the Merced River (California motherload country) which gave a strong signal right at the ferrous-nonferrous boundary for dTID, but only on VLF's.  With my TDI (PI) it was dead silent.  Using an ohm-meter it showed near zero resistance.  I'm pretty sure it had a lot of graphite in it.

Never thunked about the ohm meter. Tossed it on and yes it's conductive.