I think so. A lot of the R&D, development costs of the Eqx are put into the brains of the electronics, and the software of the microprocessor. By keeping all that, and putting it directly into the Vanquish range, they have saved a lot of development costs.
They have basically tried to make low-cost Equinox's .... drop the waterproof stuff, run it off regular AA cells, lower the shaft & hardware costs. Remove much of the software bells & whistles, use a simpler cheaper LCD screen.

5 hours ago, Captorofsin said:

Hello everyone. Thanks for answering. It looks to me like the Apex and the vanquish are pretty much in the same category.

True that… I always think Equinox when thinking Multi-IQ. Having run the Equinox, Vanquish, and Apex, I can say Vanquish can equal Equinox in many ways, and is basically just a stripped down variant of the Equinox. Both are 4th generation multi from Minelab. Apex frankly is a first generation effort, more on par with my White’s DFX for performance. But I still have the DFX and sold the Apex, for whatever that’s worth. Until Garret makes a more refined, more powerful version of Multi-Glex, it’s simply not on the same class as Equinox/Vanquish Multi-IQ. All the right ingredients are there though, and I look forward to seeing what Garrett cooks up next.

If you are looking for bang for the buck, the Nokta Legend would surely be worth a little waiting.

47 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

True that… I always think Equinox when thinking Multi-IQ. Having run the Equinox, Vanquish, and Apex, I can say Vanquish can equal Equinox in many ways, and is basically just a stripped down variant of the Equinox. Both are 4th generation multi from Minelab. Apex frankly is a first generation effort, more on par with my White’s DFX for performance. But I still have the DFX and sold the Apex, for whatever that’s worth. Until Garret makes a more refined, more powerful version of Multi-Glex, it’s simply not on the same class as Equinox/Vanquish Multi-IQ. All the right ingredients are there though, and I look forward to seeing what Garrett cooks up next.

If you are looking for bang for the buck, the Nokta Legend would surely be worth a little waiting.

So the ace Apex and the whites DFX are pretty much in the same "bag"?

Vanquish a little better than the whites dfx?

9 minutes ago, Captorofsin said:

So the ace Apex and the whites DFX are pretty much in the same "bag"?

Vanquish a little better than the whites dfx?

Yes, Vanquish would be a step up from DFX, though I always have to caveat that with it depends on your ground and your targets. But yeah, I'd put a Vanquish up against a DFX anytime with no fear personally. The only thing the Apex offers you is a really sweet physical package, and nice headphone/pinpointer wireless integration. But keep in mind if you are a control junkie nothing will match the DFX (except V3i), and personally I love the Signagraph meter design, light years beyond a simple target ID number. But in the end I honestly only keep my DFX because it runs my Bigfoot coil. That, and since I started detecting with a White's almost 50 years ago, well, I need to have at least one around. :smile:

whites-dfx-bigfoot-coil.jpg

17 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Yes, Vanquish would be a step up from DFX, though I always have to caveat that with it depends on your ground and your targets. But yeah, I'd put a Vanquish up against a DFX anytime with no fear personally. The only thing the Apex offers you is a really sweet physical package, and nice headphone/pinpointer wireless integration. But keep in mind if you are a control junkie nothing will match the DFX (except V3i), and personally I love the Signagraph meter design, light years beyond a simple target ID number. But in the end I honestly only keep my DFX because it runs my Bigfoot coil. That, and since I started detecting with a White's almost 50 years ago, well, I need to have at least one around. :smile:

whites-dfx-bigfoot-coil.jpg

Tomorrow I'm going to get online and do comparisons between the both vanquish models and both the equinox models.

I did like my dfx. I had it pretty much mastered. It's just that it died, and I thought it would make more sense to take the money that I would sink in fixing my DFX to getting an upgraded like one the vanquish or one of the equinox.

• Like 1