The Quest Xpointer Max: A New Era In Pinpointers?

On 4/10/2022 at 7:48 AM, F350Platinum said:

Wish I could get my hands on a White's Bullseye TRX, but I'm good for now.

Now that Whites are defunct, the Chinese make a good copy of the TRX, I have one and its the best PP I've ever owned. Dodgy battery compartment (needs cardboard insert) but once its running, its equally as good as the original. My PI detectors hate it but once I switch over the cancel mode, its fine. My T2 and the Nox800 are quite OK with it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Aureous said:

Now that Whites are defunct, the Chinese make a good copy of the TRX, I have one and its the best PP I've ever owned. Dodgy battery compartment (needs cardboard insert) but once its running, its equally as good as the original. My PI detectors hate it but once I switch over the cancel mode, its fine. My T2 and the Nox800 are quite OK with it. 

Got a link? Sounds interesting. I've been getting better with the XP MI-6, it's pretty darn good. 🙂

• Like 1

TRX PP copy  Use that link. 👍

• Thanks 1

Just ordered one, so cheap its basically free and includes free shipping 🙂 I'll see how it compares.

I have already filled my Pin pointer rack so if anything improves over anything in there another one gets kicked out, the next to get the boot is the Garrett Pro Pointer (Black coloured one) as it's next to useless by comparison of the other pointers in there.

They do a video with air tests on it, looks alright.

I wouldn't say its a copy of the TRX, it looks a bit similar but most pin pointers do 🙂

It's pretty different, and its 360 degree pinpointing not at the tip and they show that in the video.  It's got a massive light on it too.

Here's the video, Aliexpress videos seem pretty dodgy to get them to play well, a bit better on youtube.

Seems pretty good for the price, and it's not a clone.  Just a chinese made pinpointer, in their video they say this GP Pointer is their main product they make, so hopefully by buying one I'm not supporting the counterfeiters.   Although the small price I paid it's not much support 🙂

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Just ordered one, so cheap its basically free and includes free shipping 🙂 I'll see how it compares.

Yes, they are so cheap that if you ever find yourself needing a new holster or lanyard you might as well just spend a couple more bucks and get one of these. Let us know how you get on with it. I wasn’t very impressed by the original GP Pointer (still worth its price), but this looks like a different, notably more powerful version. 

26 minutes ago, ☠ Cipher said:

Yes, they are so cheap that if you ever find yourself needing a new holster or lanyard you might as well just spend a couple more bucks and get one of these. Let us know how you get on with it. I wasn’t very impressed by the original GP Pointer (still worth its price), but this looks like a different, notably more powerful version. 

Amazon has what may be the original for $28.

I watched the video, and think that the side field is too big. That's why I like the Quest, it focuses more towards the tip, and I can't stress the point more that it pulses a low tone for iron and a high one for non-ferrous. Also has whizzy green and red LEDs to make the distinction. 😀 For general use the Carrot is still a winner, and the MI-6 may well become a front runner now that I'm getting used to it.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

the MI-6 may well become a front runner now that I'm getting used to it.

I ordered it because I wouldn’t feel completely Deus 2 integrated without it haha, but I’m hoping it grows on me the same way. I do love it’s audio for sure. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ☠ Cipher said:

I ordered it because I wouldn’t feel completely Deus 2 integrated without it haha, but I’m hoping it grows on me the same way. I do love it’s audio for sure. 

It's off topic, but hey, it's your topic. 😀

Chase have me some good um... pointers... I wasn't able in some places to get sensitivity over 45, he told me to turn it on while on the ground. The only other thing is if you don't have it near the detector when you turn it on, it may not connect the first time.

I've since been able to run it at 49. It could be the other problem is caused by Bluetooth on my cell phone, I don't know. 

• Thanks 1

Ive had mine for years now and the original seller I got mine from is no longer there....looks the same as that (except orange) and matches the depth and controls of a TRX I tested it against. I was very impressed and remain so. Doesn't react to mineralized ground and all control options have run perfect for 3 years without fault....something I can't say for 2x Garrett PP's and a ML pro pointer that Ive owned.

• Like 2