Whites TDI Motherboard

Melano87

4 hours ago, Geotech said:

Yes, lowering the cap values makes the demods faster with a slight loss of depth. I would leave them alone, I'm not even sure why Reg lowered them on the SL as it also tends to be noisier.

Ya know, Carl, I haven't seen much increase in noise on mine, after doing the mod. I did see a big difference in allowable swing speed, and yet still see very small targets. I think it was a good mod to do, for me. From the sensitivity I've seen on mine, compared to a lot of the videos I've watched, I think my SL is very good. Besides reg's mods, I've also added vernier controls on both GB, and Threshold...makes tuning really easy, and accurate.

Jim

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I made a 45cm mono coil for TDI SL. inductance 300uh 3.5R. But the distance is the same as the original dual field coil. There is no change in distance. What could be the reason for this or what method should we do?

56 minutes ago, kadir6141 said:

I made a 45cm mono coil for TDI SL. inductance 300uh 3.5R. But the distance is the same as the original dual field coil. There is no change in distance. What could be the reason for this or what method should we do?

Is this an air test, and what is your test target?  Please give as much information about your test setup as possible.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GB_Amateur said:

Bu bir hava testi mi ve test hedefiniz nedir? Lütfen test kurulumunuz hakkında mümkün olduğunca fazla bilgi verin.

There is no distance in the air and subsoil depth test.

3 hours ago, kadir6141 said:

There is no change in distance.

What do you mean by 'distance'?

I have been rereading this thread and have a question about the coarse and fine adjustment system.  In regards to the TDI SL, in place of using a vernier to adjust the ground balance, is it technically and mechanically feasible to add a 10K pot in series as the TDI Pro uses?  Just curious.  Thanks.

10 hours ago, Cascade Steven said:

I have been rereading this thread and have a question about the coarse and fine adjustment system.  In regards to the TDI SL, in place of using a vernier to adjust the ground balance, is it technically and mechanically feasible to add a 10K pot in series as the TDI Pro uses?  Just curious.  Thanks.

Yes, same thing will work. Try to wire it with coax if you can, for noise reasons. A chopped-up S-video cable works nicely. If not, twist the wires.

• Like 3