New Video Quest V80 (this One Is In English)

DSMITH

From across the big Pond

• Like 5

DSMITH  

I was in my car headed home when I seen you posted a new video and I couldn’t wait so had it come on my car speakers. The tones on my car speakers sounded like scratching on a blackboard. So here I go again to see what it sounds out just off my phone.

Thanks for posting.

Chuck 

• Like 1

I’m still not so sure about the tone are what we call the sound of it when it detected something. I guess it’s just some difference about them than other detectors. He was talking about power to the coil but I think it’s been said before that the FCC has a limit of what that can be . That’s in the USA for sure .

DSMITH I’ll be right here ready to view more videos when you post them  .

Thanks again!

Chuck 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

I’m still not so sure about the tone are what we call the sound of it when it detected something. I guess it’s just some difference about them than other detectors. He was talking about power to the coil but I think it’s been said before that the FCC has a limit of what that can be . That’s in the USA for sure .

DSMITH I’ll be right here ready to view more videos when you post them  .

Thanks again!

Chuck 

I agree with you on the tones they sounded kind of bad but the person that did the Video did not adjust any of the tones and he did say you can adjust the volumes and the pitches of each tone so hopefully by adjusting the tones and pitches of the tones the V80 can be adjusted to sound better.

• Like 1

I did not find the V80 tones to be bad . For me the V80 audio is faster than the elongated tones of some other brands , and I like fast audios which have excellent separation and are very accurate on targets , especially in the irons . To be confirmed in the field ..

The Quest X5 and Q30 are fast detectors too , it looks like it will be the same for the new V60/V80   .. Perhaps because they use recent and fast chips as stated on their web page :

Capture.PNG

• Like 1

The tid on the silver hammy seemed to be bouncing around considering it was on the surface and should have been solid

39 minutes ago, brys said:

The tid on the silver hammy seemed to be bouncing around considering it was on the surface and should have been solid

Probably because the coil is too big for hunting low conductivity targets in the irons . Personally I would use the V80 with a smaller coil for more accuracy .

• Like 2

On 3/8/2023 at 3:38 AM, Detecta said:

He would have found a lot more if he'd slow down his sweep speed and lower his coil. 

well I imagine if you were out detecting in a snow storm and freezing weather you would be swinging and moving as fast as you could also, I know for sure my fat butt would be moving as quick as I could, I personally would have never been out in that kind of weather trying to do a video to post up so people like myself and others could actually get a look at a detector that is getting ready to come out

DSMITH  

When you use the term fat butt please don’t point a finger in my direction I’m more a lazy ass . That’s hot are cold.

Chuck 

• Haha 2