Sign in to follow this  
Tnsharpshooter

Concentric 6.5"x9" Coil Available For AT Series Detectors

Saw where a gent had received one of these.

http://www.garrett.com/hobbysite/2222600_6halfx9_at_pro_searchcoil_en.aspx

https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=254748

Btw here is complete list of Garrett coils available for AT series detectors.

http://www.garrett.com/hobbysite/hbby_at_searchcoils_en.aspx

• Like 1

I tried the concentric many years ago on the AT Pro on some magnetite laden ground. It is a very good coil on milder ground but it definitely had a harder time with the ground than a DD coil. Concentrics do have some advantages as regards the handling of bottle caps and other trash in a park type situation however and are worth consideration for sure.

VLF Concentric vs DD Coils

garrett-at-concentric-search-coil.jpg

6.5" x 9" PROformance Concentric Searchcoil For Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, and AT Max (same part number all three models) PN: 2222600

In our NW Ohio ground it works very well although in heavy trash I still prefer the 5X8 which is my favorite coil on the AT series. The 6.5 X 9 is my go to coil for hunting fresh water lakes. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Ridge Runner
      Lots of detector companies have stop making big round DD coils but others still putting out a large round one.
      What I’m wondering if the large round DD coil is better than a slim DD with less weight?
      I know swinging my 6x10 DD on my Sport is less effort than the stock DD that comes with it.
      I could understand if we were talking about a concentric coil being larger for more depth.
      Please enlighten me someone!
      Chuck
    • By Tnsharpshooter
      I will be talking about as I use and test.
      I will be comparing to Etrac wearing  6”coil, Deus wearing elliptical Hf coil and Nokta Impact wearing  4x7” elliptical coil.
      Will compare to stock Equinox 11” coil too.
    • By Jin
      Lately, I've been experiencing the coil overload problem. Its hard to say whats causing it but it happens often. Probably not the best thing to do but I tend to slightly lean on the detector as I'm digging a target with the coil firmly against the ground. I've done this for a while with no problems before. It only shows the overload signal or shuts down when the coil is pressed against the ground. I've noticed it happens when using different coils as well. The only thing that has changed recently is the settings I use. I often have the rx gain flat out at 15 (gpx 4500) and other setting quite high also. Is it possible that the more extreme settings (when the coil is in contact with the ground) are the cause or is likely a problem with the machine? 
    • By Steve Herschbach
      Hi,

I have a Garrett ATX and have done some nugget detecting with it. See Gold Nugget Detecting with the Garrett ATX. However, the weight and the stock coil had me wishing for options. I wanted a smaller coil with no openings to hang up that could get into tighter locations. As a past Infinium owner the 10" x 5" DD coil immediately came to mind. See Detecting with the Garrett Infinium in Hawaii and the first picture will tell you what was going through my mind as I hunted gold nuggets.

So I have some Garrett Infinium coils I am trying on the ATX. The full story and photos are at my new Garrett ATX Accessory page. I will be updating it as I experiment more with the concept. An obvious alternative would be to make an adapter to mate a standard lower rod assembly to the ATX (it has already been done for the Recon) but I wanted to go hip mount for the least weight on my arm possible.
      I want to note here I am advocating nothing and recommending nothing. This is just something I am doing that may answer some questions for some people. If nothing else it will save somebody else making a duplicate effort or wasting the time and money on something that may or may not work out. Bottom line is I just have to know for myself so I will find out and report back as I go along. This thread will be the official question and answer thread for the experiment.