auminesweeper

New Whites TDI Beach Hunter

Here ya go, They have made it,

https://www.whiteselectronics.com/product/tdi-beachhunter/

whites-tdi-beachhunter-waterproof-metal-detector-pulse-induction-waterproof.jpg

White's TDI BeachHunter Specifications
Operating mode. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Pulse Induction
Pulse Frequency . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .2.6kHz - 3kHz
Pulse Delay. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .10μs - 25μs
Search modes . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . PI, Ground balanced PI
Ground balance. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Differential delay
Audio tones . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Hi/Lo
Audio output . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Hard-wired headphones
Search coil . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 12” Dual Field (aftermarket coils available)
Weight. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 5 lbs (with 12” DF coil)
Length. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .43 - 48 inches, adjustable
Batteries. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . (8) AA, NiMH & alkaline
Battery life . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 5-6 hours typical2
Warranty. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2 years, transferrable
Waterproof. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 25ft/7.5m

White's TDI BeachHunter Owner's Manual

White's TDI Beachhunter Controls
whites-tdi-beachhunter-controls.jpg

• Like 1

Auminesweeper

I seen someone on here that had one and he was showing coils he’s made to work on it.

I just talk with a guy about that same detector on why nothing has been said about it. This waterproof TDI is something new but not a word from White’s as of yet but maybe now.

I guess you could say the cats is out of the bag now . I really don’t think it was ever in there in the first place .

I have lots of Texas beach to hunt if they need it to have a really good test but it’s got to get cooler.

Chuck

It’s got to be people out there now testing the detector but who? I’m thinking I can’t sell something if people don’t know I got it to sale.

What I see about it, it’s committed to beach and water hunting due to the waterproof headphones. Being a PI one could use it nugget hunting but with the waterproof headphones it could get some what as in hot. Even hunting on the dry sand on a hot day you may need to dunk your head in the water to cool off ever so often.

White’s has made great detectors over the years and I don’t see this detector will be any different.

🙋‍♂️ White’s just to let you know I’m here if you need a tester.

Chuck

Lots of questions to be answered.  Apparently it's close to going to market given that it's on White's website with a price (although 'out of stock'...).  Is it a waterproofed TDI/SL or even TDI Pro or a new circuit?  Six hours on the provided NiMH battery pack sounds a lot like the TDI/SL.

I wonder what's going on in a boardroom in El Paso.  They may be considering pulling a Minelab (Equinox early announcement to intercept Garrett AT/Max sales) with their expected/hoped for/begged for waterproof PI.

I give credit to White's for taking action, particularly the new Goldmaster.  I sure hope they are both truly a significant step up performancewise compared to their predecessors.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

Lots of questions to be answered.  Apparently it's close to going to market given that it's on White's website with a price (although 'out of stock'...).  Is it a waterproofed TDI/SL or even TDI Pro or a new circuit?  Six hours on the provided NiMH battery pack sounds a lot like the TDI/SL.

I wonder what's going on in a boardroom in El Paso.  They may be considering pulling a Minelab (Equinox early announcement to intercept Garrett AT/Max sales) with their expected/hoped for/begged for waterproof PI.

I give credit to White's for taking action, particularly the new Goldmaster.  I sure hope they are both truly a significant step up performancewise compared to their predecessors.

No I think it is the TDI Pro in a Wet Suit because it has too many knobs on it to be the SL.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, auminesweeper said:

No I think it is the TDI Pro in a Wet Suit because it has too many knobs on it to be the SL.

Hope you're right since the TDI Pro was taken out of production a year or two ago AND this price is (I think) a couple hundred $ less than what they sold the Pro for.  Waterproof on top of it -- there are going to be some happy customers.  The weight and hip mount option are consistent with the Pro but I thought that might have just been the result of going waterproof.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

Hope you're right since the TDI Pro was taken out of production a year or two ago AND this price is (I think) a couple hundred $ less than what they sold the Pro for.  Waterproof on top of it -- there are going to be some happy customers.  The weight and hip mount option are consistent with the Pro but I thought that might have just been the result of going waterproof.

Yeah well the SL is deeper than any VLF on the beach according to a video I watched a couple of days ago, and another thing that makes me think that this one is based on the Pro is the weight, the SL only weighs 3.5lbs and this one weighs 5.2lbs. ?

This guy is comparing the TDI SL to the CTX "Although he has only just got the SL and does not know how to use it and his settings are all up the creek but on one very small Gold ring the CTX can't get it but the SL does. sorry but it is painful to watch.

But Nimh or AA batteries?  Ugh!!!!  So 1990’s. Is it not possible to equip this with modern battery technology?   One of my biggest personal  criticisms of the TDI was  lack of power.   I wonder if this suffers the same fate?  

However, this is fantastic news and a detector I have been waiting years to see.  The manual mentions other coil options,  but I suppose they require factory fitting. I certainly hope this detector is what it seems it might be....

8 minutes ago, dbsmokey said:

But Nimh or AA batteries?  Ugh!!!!  So 1990’s. Is it not possible to equip this with modern battery technology?   One of my biggest personal  criticisms of the TDI was  lack of power.   I wonder if this suffers the same fate?  

Lets hope they have boosted the NiMh pack with more voltage, My factory pack has a max power of 11.5 or 11.6 volts which is why I made my own pack that puts out up 16.29v depending on what batteries I put in it. But I never go above 12.6 to 14.5.

• Like 1

We can sit here and make one guess after another but not know anymore than when it was first posted.

What is needed is someone like Tom Boykin from White’s to step in so to clear away the wag’s.

We have a bunch of inquiring minds wants to know.

Chuck