Equinox Beach Finds, A Good Deed And A Silver Lining Maybe.

Nuke em

This morning i took my Nox to the beach for a look at the low tide , i didn't take the Terra too so was going to have to use the Nox on the difficult dry tops too if necessary . I got there at 5am and went straight for the normally best beach . It didn't look brilliant , the lower beach had built up a bit but was workable. There were others detecting the dry here and there so i went straight for the wet . 

I got lucky and found a few coins almost immediately and not long after a small toe ring , it looks Silver and had a high tone but isn't marked . It compares well with tones on other Silver rings of the same size that i have . Further along i found another ring , it also has no hallmark but has a high tone , i scuffed the metal and it stayed Silver looking . I will get them checked one day but will consider them Silvers . The tide was too short to do much sand so i will have to do that tomorrow when the tide is out further . Time for a Gold . After that i went onto the tops with my Beach 1 mode and only listened to high tones for the Pound coins . Lower denomination coins are impossible to tell with so many junk targets about , thats normally best for the Terra to look for. 

After a while i left that beach and worked East and it was hard work , i looked at an area i searched last week but found little . I was about to give up when a Man came up to me and asked if i could find a bunch of keys he lost , there were car keys , house , shop and other keys so i went for a look , he said he would pay for my time . I doubted i would find them .

We got to the area he and his family were at and i searched that area but there was no sign of them . I asked if he was sure about the area and he then said maybe it was a bit further down . I searched for a while and then suddenly i got a target that seemed right and i scuffed the surface a bit and saw the keys . He was very happy as it was not long before he would have had to pay for parking and he has to display the ticket inside the car . He could have been given a ticket let alone the cost of all those keys to cut. 

He picked out 3 x £20 notes and said have this but i said no i couldn't and said only £20 . .

I think i am getting quite used to finding peoples lost rings and things when out , might have to start a business ? , bet that will pay . Like Hell it will !

When i left i counted up and my total was £38.25p and the 2 rings . 

Tomorrow the weather will be a bit stormy after the heatwave we have had , so i will be there looking for the Gold if any and will be out from 5am till 2pm . I am going to use the Nox firth till the sand fills in the do the tops till i have searched them out . Thats 2 miles of beaches if i can .

On Sunday there is a nice dig on with the Weekend Wanderers which i was thinking of going too but i am not likely to go , the weather is iffy and i dont like the heat on fields either . but the main reason is that i dont want to be far from home right now . 

On Thursday my Mother went to the Hospital for an Echo scan of her Heart so the results can go to Guy's Hospital in London . She will soon be there to have her operation for Lung Cancer . But when she was going into the entrance she tripped up and fell on the floor face first . Theres no broken bones but she does have a big bruise and black eyes . Both are black now . 

She is getting the most out of the NHS right now!

I will go to another dig another time. Been a long time since i have searched land .

58) £38.25p FOUND 27-07-18 EQ.JPG

IMG_0820.JPG

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nig the Dig said:

your poor mum. Did you buy her some flowers??

well done on the finds

Actually , No . I had to go and pick her up from the Hospital after work at around 10pm . There all shut by then .