TDI Pro and The TDI SL

Thanks for explaining all that Reg, Jimmy Is a good man, I have spoken to him a few times over the past 5 or 6 years and each time it was a pleasure,

I am trying to sort out a longer burn time

So Is the pro going to work above 5 or 6 on the Gain in standard form or not, To me I just don't want to throw good money after bad if they have not fixed the warble, If it will run up around 8 + then that's not so bad, I can run my MXT and my GMT bordering on being hot or slightly rough sounding, But I am hoping for it to be stable ISH,

Thanks again Reg.

John

On 9/5/2015 at 8:06 PM, Hard Prospector said:

John, I looked into these "mods" as well but just couldn't find anyone who could or wanted to do it(in the US anyway) so I gave up on the idea. Besides I haven't had any issues with the SL anyway. Its been my experience that the key to increasing performance while maintaining smooth threshold with the SL is to run modest size coils(6x10 elliptical or 7.5 round) and keeping up on fresh batteries. The TDI really sucks the juice and hundreds of hours on this machine have taught me that when the batteries start to fall out of spec the threshold becomes erratic and it has difficulty staying balanced. When running at high gain I will swap out a battery pack of alkalines every 3-4 hours no problem. I too considered buying a TDI Pro but opted for another SL instead. You may find of interest that I bought my first SL in 2012 and the other in 2014 and have not noticed any performance differences between the two with the coils I use. I don't think it matters much which PI machine used in iron infested sites as they all struggle big time. Facing a similar problem, I recently bought a Fisher F75ltd2 for this purpose and although still learning it (lots of bells and whistles!) it handles mineralized ground better than any VLF I've used by far, also heard good things about the FORS too. I don't consider myself any kind of "TDI Wizard" but it has been my only PI unit for several years and these are my observations...Rob

Thanks for that Rob,

Like you I have my VLF's as in the mxt all pro and the gmt and if I can get by with the mxt and that monster concentric I bought I would be happy because even though it is huge it can see bit smaller than 1 grain, But in some areas the PI is King and I just want to get this right, I am not happy with buying new machines and trying to get them to work better due to warranty issues, As I have the pro turning up on Monday or Tuesday and as of yet I have not found out how these machines run.

My GP 3500 ran fairly good so I am hoping the Pro will do the same but as yet no one has said anything as to how they run,

thanks mate,

john

John,

I just answered to the best of my knowledge, your question.  I didn't see your PM until today, since I've been out of touch for awhile now, having a full knee replacement done recently.

What everyone else here said is correct, as far as the gain and battery life.

Digger Bob

John,

I just answered to the best of my knowledge, your question.  I didn't see your PM until today, since I've been out of touch for awhile now, having a full knee replacement done recently.

What everyone else here said is correct, as far as the gain and battery life.

Digger Bob

Yes Thank you Bob for your reply and PM, which I have just answered, I am so happy about getting this new machine as I have waited so long and thanks to SHoward he really came through for me, and it will be here Tuesday, this is not to replace the SL because that lovely threshold is something else,

Take care and Get well soon,, john