Paid The Dues for Success!

Hmm, $40,000 dollars worth of detectors vs $100 of gold found? Well, at least you had fun at it...I think I will stick with my 15 year old MXT and Lobo. Seems more cost effective....

i see your point, however cost-effective is relative to a persons beliefs or values.

i think minelab should send you a 7000 to test for a bit, see if you still felt the same after.

then they could pass it on to me, lol.

To each our own. Isnt it a great country to live in!

Beardog, I get what you are saying, and I totally agree that you can enjoy yourself every bit as much and do quite well detecting with any decent prospecting detector. I seriously could do just fine personally with a base unit $499 Gold Bug. I never want this forum to become elitist or brand centric or model centric. Everyone gets their due and everyone using any machine and getting good results is very welcome here.

The fact is new machines get the most attention. Just the way it is. So please everyone realize that anyone posting about their machines on this forum is just doing it to share their fun and excitement. And hopefully educate people in the process. At least I hope that is what it is all about as that is always my intent.

I appreciate the incredibly great bunch of forum members here. You all are literally a part of my day each and every day and help keep me gainfully occupied while not detecting. Thanks!!

• Like 3

Good job guys. Always fun to go back to an old patch and find more signals with newer tech. Doesnt matter if you find alittle gold or alot. Just plain fun. Alot of detectorist never get rich. Some find enough to buy something nice. But if you count the fun and adventures then we are all millionaires in that category. Good luck on your next adventure!

My comments were not directed at any one individual. I'm just saying, the ZED has a boasting of "finding the big, deep stuff". In my mind I would only make the plunge if I found that claim to be true. Yes, I know, it can find deep stuff but come on, it's time for something big and exciting from the ZED and those who swing them. I know it has been done before with the Zed but we are not in OZ.

Actually, I am cheering for the big gun swingers. I want to hear of the "lucky strike" and feel that the investment would be rational. So far, many reports of dinks and not so many of pounders.

So, what I am saying is, get out there and get the goodies so we can all enjoy sweet dreams and visions of our own attempts at success. (if we so chose to invest) I want to see some deep biggies coming from the ZED!

• Like 2

The big deep finds have been getting posted with the Zed on various forums actually. It is just that in any case they will be rare finds, not common. How many big, deep finds are being made with ANY detector these days? Unfortunately they only get fewer with each one found. The sad reality and not a good one is that the detectable gold is depleting faster than any improvements in technology can fix.

But there is one left out there for each of us!

• Like 2

Heck, if you can afford it, why not.If I was as passionate about nuggetshooting as I am about relic detecting, I would figure a way to come up with the duvkrtd. Gosh, I hope no one comes out with a killer $10k relic machine,lol.

Gosh, I hope no one comes out with a killer $10k relic machine,lol.

Don't look down then. GPR-7000?  :D

That is a pretty swanky nugget box Lucky.

post-569-0-19287500-1449289783.jpg

• Like 3

I just wonder how many of us would share their 12 ounce or above nuggets anyways if they did find one  or  few ? Just because they are not posted , does not mean no one has found one. And how would that benefit them other than have some tail gaiters tracking their every move.  I enjoy members nugget posts however small they are, the rest I leave for imagination. Personally, I still have not upgraded from my 4500....she works!

• Like 2