The Nugget Shooter's Field Guide - A Book Review

Lunk

321DA885-3BF9-46ED-A14B-013EFCC39351.thumb.jpeg.13e47c2242600b85043b229f5d1b5e49.jpeg

Would you like to learn how to take your nugget detecting to an exciting and rewarding new level?  In 'The Nugget Shooter's Field Guide', author and experienced prospector Reese Townes shows you how to increase your gold recovery with a metal detector through his tips on detecting strategies, what to look for in the field to recognize gold geology and identify gold deposits, and how to expand productive areas to detect by applying his new Townes' Theory. Other topics include modern nugget detectors and prospecting equipment, safety while detecting and camping, how to hunt old mine workings, cleaning your gold specimens, and more.

I found this book to be very informative and detail oriented, with a plethora of color photos and diagrams illustrating practical techniques and theory that, at the end of the day, puts more gold into the nugget hunter's poke. I liked the way that the author uses repetition in the text to drive home key aspects to being successful in the field when searching for gold with a metal detector. I met Reese in the goldfields, where he was applying his “layering” technique as explained in the book, and I was quite impressed when he showed me the nuggets he had been finding as a result. He struck me as an avid, experienced prospector, and his willingness to share his hard-won knowledge in his freshman publication is laudable. I believe that newbies and seasoned pros alike will enjoy and benefit from reading 'The Nugget Shooter's Field Guide', and I look forward to Reese's next Goldseeker book.

Just did a search or this book on Amazon, no results. Where is it available?

Norm

9 minutes ago, normmcq said:

Just did a search or this book on Amazon, no results. Where is it available?

Norm

Thanks dealing direct with Reese

Norm

I just ordered. I am sure I will learn something and I fully support Reese's efforts. The time and energy put into writing a book is enormous. 

• 3 weeks later...

Here a video from Terry Solomon on his review of the book.

i purchased a copy from Reese several weeks ago and love it. showed a friend and he ordered 4 copies. 1 for him and 3 for gifts. fantastic book! not to mention Reese is pretty alright too 😜