Website Rollback - Latest Updates ×

Equinox Wireless Technology Poll

Equinox Wireless Poll  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use the Equinox Bluetooth, the WM08 module, both, or none? Follow up posts explaining your vote will provide important information. I'd ask people make a little extra effort on this one. Please pick one of the first five options, and one of the last two if appropriate. Thanks.

• I use the Bluetooth exclusively
    • I use the WM08 module exclusively
    • I use both depending on the situation (please explain below)
    • I prefer to use the built in speaker
    • I prefer wired headphones
    • When I use the WM08, I do so mainly for faster responses
    • When I use the WM08, I do so mainly to make wired headphones wireless

I use the wireless when I can, and the direct wired for beach hunting when close to the water.

Sorry Steve , none of the choices really defined what I have done so far....so I didn't do the poll , I think I'm in an "all of the above" category for the time being....

I've used the speaker and the ML wireless HPs  ( not bad) , Still need to try out the WM08 with all my other wired HPs and IEMs (lots to choose from) .

I have a pair of Master and Dynamic BT wireless ( i never heard of them either) that don't seem to want to pair to the 800.....arrrrrrrrrr!

They are the best sounding HPs I've ever owned  BY FAR , so maybe have to use the WM08 with them and the wire option... still a lot of experimenting to go until I have a preferred set up.(The M&D were a gift from a friend that reviews HPs for audiophile magazines , He was downsizing to move into an RV,,,and sent me a box full of various models from his endless collection ! ) 

Totally ruined me for using any other model ,,including my old faves from the road doing shows !  I called to thank him but ended up good naturedly telling him off for ruining all my other HPs as adequate !  skuh kuh kuh kuh kuh  They are around $600 and I'm SO glad he didn't send any of the really high end ones (up to $5K)

Stay Tuned.............

I use the Bluetooth exclusively

But do not use the Minelab wireless headphones because they allow a lot of ambient sound in and my moderate hearing loss makes it very difficult to hear the detector quieter tones. I use PAAW bluetooth Low Latency headphones. (I have read the newest headphone version is no longer compatible with ML BT) They block out background sounds and have a noise canceling switch that works great with ocean surf when the surf is up.

Before getting those, I tried to retrofit sound deadening into the ML phones with zero improvement. YMMV HH

I only use the ML80 wireless headphones. I dont use the WM80 wireless module because it frequently drops out ( loss of signal ) then it is not reliable ( for me ) . 

I probably use the external speaker 95% of the time on max volume. I hunt mostly old areas away from any towns.  Plus I like to hear my surroundings. 

The first year I've exclusively used the ML80 BT headphones. No "real" problems, but comfort issues.. too warm in the summer and in the winter kind of bulky together with hat and headlamp.

I've researched and tried various BT headphones and came to the conclusion in-ears are not for me.

After I've found the perfect wired headphones for me 1,5 years ago, I exclusively use the WM08 - In the beginning, I never thought this is going to happen. It's "just" because there's no real choice of appropriate APTX-LL devices.. imho.

I've fiddled a bit with an external APTX-LL receiver, because I liked the feature of using the headphones parallel with the cellphone, which is not possible with the WM08. Seems to work, too. I only had the feeling, the WM08 is a bit more reliable. I must admit - it is a very cheap receiver, maybe a better one would neglect my concerns..

I use the WM80 wireless module exclusively but have the ML80 headphones with me as backup. I don't like the ML80 headphones because they lag and the sound is muffled and hollow sounding to me. I prefer to use headphones I can plug into the WM80 module and just make them wireless.