GPX 6000 First Trip

Hi Guys

Just thought I would share my first trip with the GPX 6000 out near home.  About an hour and a half in an old spot on the NSW Far South Coast AU.  Settings on manual about 12 o"clock position in difficult.  Hot ground but with a steady threashold. Down @ 6 - 8 inches.116564097_6000surprise.thumb.jpg.21d9a1cd326e152e79a51d1719889f80.jpg

Cheers

Jack

An old site? Nice looking specimens, congratulations! What did you try using there before, and do you think you covered those spots before?

• The title was changed to GPX 6000 First Trip

An old site as in I havent been back to it for some time and thought I would give the 6k a run over.  Went over it with a GP3000 and I may even have put the 4500 over as well.  I dug some nice pieces out some time ago but yes may have missed alot too with the 3k/4500 ...obviously. The 6000 hit hard on these pieces which were down in the pipe clay.

Cheers

Jack

Second trip out with the 6000 for about 2 hours playing near home.  Far South Coast NSW AU.  A bit further along the slope from my original post.  The area is ancient river wash where soil depth is @ 4 - 6 inches.  This is about the size of most targets at this location with some deeper pieces up to a gram and a half, just not on this outing.

Loving the weight of the machine, ease of operation although cant decide between running in manual 12 - 2 o'clock mark in difficult, with threshold and auto+ with no threshold at times. 

I have been playing with running audio through my favourite headphones (GOG's) and SPO1 booster and this works for me as I can fine tune my audio and dont mind being connected by wire to the machine.  I cant comment on the speaker emi as I dont use it so not an issue for me atm.

I do have to do a noise cancel more often to run the machine quite but as this is so fast not an issue and I usually run in fix tracking with my other machines anyway.

So far only small pieces but an ounce of gold is an ounce of gold.  Will be going to a deeper area with a history of bigger gold on the weekend.  What does surprise me is just how hard the 6000 hits, had me thinking (hoping) they were bigger pieces.

Cheers

Jack

20210505_090908.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Just another short two hour trip with the GPX 6000, I haven't been out since my last post due to work commitments.  Learning more and more about this machine. Located in old river wash @ 6 - 7 inches.  These targets hit hard like the others.  Not shown are about 15 pieces of very fine lead shot and one brass flattened cap from an old cap and ball type firearm, didnt that sound real sweet.

Cheers

Jack

20210518_081813.jpg