Nokta Makro Gain & Threshold Settings

On the Anfibio Multi (and I think Kruzer & others) there is a definite step in sensitivity between 39&40 Gain and again between 69&70 Gain. Is this a change in the Internal Threshold? In a way this would be the inverse of the way the F75 adjusts sensitivity according to Mike Hillis.  Regardless, it is a very good set up in difficult sites. Most NM users know about the difference in response speed between 89 & 90 Gain on 3DI. This is different. I had read about these steps in a forum post that quoted Alper of NM. I can't seem to find that post now that I want to re read it.

I noticed the big jump in gain settings with performance and think they did it in blocks of 10 with very subtle changes between. I almost never run the machine past 89 here even in Gen Mode when I used to run that flat out trying to squeeze out an ID off a faint target.

I think the big jumps might be more Tx boosting along with over all gain adjustment. That seems to be my guess.

It would be nice to understand some of the underlying function. I know it is kind of getting into the weeds and many don't care to. I would like to see NM give more in depth operational discussion. A supplemental guide beyond the basics in the owner's manual. The detectors are so capable. I want to know how to run it at it's best. Perhaps Dilek will see this and chime in.

I wish NM would give us an app we could tweak the machines and even save out different configs that we could load up on a thumb drive and install on the machine. Dogodog and I asked and it fell on deaf ears lol.

I would just like to have something in print. A thread on Advanced NM operation on this forum that NM actively participated in would be great.