Phrunt Pin Pointer....????

Phrunt...  My 6 is headed my way on the big brown truck and the heat will have me sidelined for at least a week.  So with the 6 showing up during the heat wave I'll be sitting out I've decided to shorten up the Monster like you did and retire it temporally as a PP'er for the 6.  Question is this....does all the wire wrapping that close to the 5" coil cause you any problems or make the Monster react any different?  Thanks!!!!

• The title was changed to Phrunt Pin Pointer....????

I've noticed no ill effects from having the coil so close to the control box, nor the cable causing any issues, I have my cable tightly wrapped as far from the coil as I could along with a Velcro to hold it in place.   I haven't noticed any sensitivity drop from having the metal near the coil, it still appears to work just as it would normally. 

I used a kids broomstick handle from the hardware shop which was only about $3 and I spray painted it black. 

It's been doing the job well, I have a webbing strap that I run through the handle that has a easy to unclip plastic clip on it so I hang the Monster over my shoulder on my back so it's easy to take off and use.  I've taken that off and can't find it at the moment, it must be somewhere in among my gear 🙂

1552669557_minimonster2.jpg.f129b93d7f3b288d3e643b21b801d92a.jpg

1970076305_minimonster3.jpg.afff3e74444750d339bdc2cbd49bfc86.jpg

I'm very happy with the Mini Monster, I originally got the idea from Norvic who did the first Mini Monster I'd seen.  It's a great use for a detector I don't really use much anymore for anything else, and it's quick to put it back on the normal shaft if I ever want to.

Thanks Phrunt...!!!  That's what I needed to know. Been chasing down my PI targets 80% of the time with "full sized" Monster already and find that between the disc and ease of PP,ing it saves me valuable time.  Now to shorten it up and and add a strap..... jmo

Got it done and used my "detector buddy" off my etrac with the quick release do-hickey strap and that'll work for now.