New Permissions Didn't Yield Much

10×5 pre-ordered weeks ago, and waiting for all those backlogged shipping containers to unload in California, undoubtedly!!👍👍

4 minutes ago, F350Platinum said:

Thanks Chris, I'm grateful that I find anything. The 1911 wheat penny tells me I'm in or close to Barber era, but the silver isn't gonna jump out without removing a lot of the trash. I wonder sometimes if they sent all the Barbers out west! 😀 I've still got two more unexplored farmhouses to go, and a lot to revisit with greater experience and this great coil. It can really sift through the junk. All the coins I did find were not clear signals at first, nor was my initial understanding of the Equinox.

I use an old Army trick and wear a bandana like I used to wear under my helmet. Not a stranger to sweat 🙂 84 isn't hot like it was in August but there wasn't any shade unless we got behind our vehicles.

Funny thing is I have dug hundreds of wheats but never a Barber. I think they may all be on the east coast.   I can burn through a couple sweat bands a day and use bandannas/hankies to keep my glasses dry. The heat sucks.   Are you really liking the Coiltek?  I may pick one up.   She will only use the 6” coil, doesn’t like swinging the 11.  

31 minutes ago, ROCKINGCM said:

Funny thing is I have dug hundreds of wheats but never a Barber. I think they may all be on the east coast.   I can burn through a couple sweat bands a day and use bandannas/hankies to keep my glasses dry. The heat sucks.   Are you really liking the Coiltek?  I may pick one up.   She will only use the 6” coil, doesn’t like swinging the 11.  

Don't bother looking for silvers in FL, Joe got the last 2

10 hours ago, ROCKINGCM said:

Maybe it's just New Mexico then... Dan seems to get one a week. 😀

The Coiltek 10x5 is working great for me. It makes the detector noticeably lighter and you get almost the same swing as with the 11". I'm not a go to reference for it, as I'm new to the hobby and "feel" more than I know, but it's much easier to "lock on" to a target (the Equinox seems to do that) amongst a bunch of crap, and pinpoints and ground balances much better than the 11". Others may disagree regarding depth but for me depth isn't much of an issue. Most targets here are going to be in the first 6-8" as there isn't much topsoil before the clay. I have found targets on the beach down to 12". If the target gets past the clay here it is gone.

Gerry just got some in, bet they go fast even with the higher price they are charging for them now. He may be the only one beside Big Boys that has one.

I think your wife would love it.