The Good, The Bad And The Ugly

klunker

Must be going around because I took a good slip and fall over the weekend with the GPZ in hand too. The coil landed first and I was still holding onto the handle when I hit the ground so the coil got kinda turned around while the shaft was still locked in place. Seemed to make the usual "GPZ twist" I get from the coil turning when I detect even worse. I think the little locking bar is wearing out. Might need to replace the lower shaft eventually.

Thanks for that Tortuga.  I've not looked into replacing the feet~ minor issue for me.

The lock mechanism for the Zed's lower shaft never has worked well for mine.  Been more than a few times I've put my boot on the coil and adjusted it back to true~ especially after some pushy bush bashing in low scrub and grass's.  Occasionally the shaft will collapse a bit as well when pushing down into brush.  Overall I do like the shaft design however and with the coil lead protected as it is my biggest hang up in brush is my pick.

KL, get the brain wired with wireless, my Missus loves it, can turn me off with the TV remote. Crikey you fellows are a wee rough with your gear, I brush cut with my Z, no drama just an occasional change of blades.