Equinox - Pay For Updates?

Pheellip

prunt said: "10kHz is a frequency I often have EMI troubles, so was 5kHz, they added 4kHz as a single frequency and I use it instead of 5 and find it very useful, an update they could easily do is offset single frequencies for people, so instead of just 10 they could also add 9, where there is 20 they could add 19 and 40 they could add 39 or 41 or even 45 if the coils can handle it so get right in the heart of that gold sweet spot.  This sort of update you would think would be quite easy for them to do, and then it also makes the Nox look good on paper with even more available frequencies 🙂   I doubt such an update would cut into sales of the Equinox 1000 much if at all but it'd add features to the current Equinox with minimal effort."

I think Steve mentioned at one point that he suspected the 4kHz update (which shows frequencies can be added by an update) may have been a test of some kind from Minelab, and seeing that both of the new detectors coming out from other companies use 4kHz as the low frequency of their SMF technologies, there could be something to that.

5 hours ago, phrunt said:

...To (Minelab) it must make sense or they wouldn't do it.

Why is P.T. Barnum whispering a counterargument in my ear?  Or is it Mark Twain?  To name just two of many homespun armchair philosophers.  No question that ML has some really smart people and have made some equally intelligent decisions.  But that never covers everything that occurs or doesn't occur.  (Given your criticism of the robustness of the Equinox, I'm confident you agree with that statement.)

On 1/31/2022 at 9:51 PM, Pheellip said:

Do you think Minelab would market software updates for the box.i would pay handsomely for new features.8 have no desire to learn a new machine.i can't be the only one thinking about that!!!what say you???

I have thought about this as well as being able to pay a extra 150 or 200 for the 600 to be updated to the 800.... Which I believe is absolutely possible

50 minutes ago, TheEqxDetExpertNateTheGr said:

I have thought about this as well as being able to pay a extra 150 or 200 for the 600 to be updated to the 800.... Which I believe is absolutely possible

Welcome to the forum.

You are probably correct as far as updating the software and firmware. You would not have the User Profile for customizing a program since that requires a button push. That button is not included on the Equinox 600.