Short Beach Hunt - Just Coins

You are getting a lot of likes for not finding crap there 😜 

I hunt a beach regularly that looks like the one there. It is on a river near me. Totally infested with bottle caps thanks to low life scum bags that could care less about themselves and this country.  You can get 2 bottle caps per scoop regularly. The only reason i hunt it is because it is the only beach that is close to where I live. There are rings there but you have to get through the junk to find them. I have tested the F2 function there. The F2 function will eliminate bottle caps at higher settings with air testing but on this beach they still will ring up as scratchy signals...I don't like the way the machine runs at high F2 settings because even the coins sound different...I  cant really explain it but I'd rather not use the F2 function  The beach also has a high black sand content which complicates things....I've chosen to just keep the F2 at zero and only dig solid non jumpy signals at this beach.  I can use my CTX 3030 at this beach and it will eliminate bottle caps but I loose some depth with it so I jump back and forth between the two machines....

Here are a few typical findings at that beach lol 

20210503_174534.jpeg

2 hours ago, strick said:

You are getting a lot of likes for not finding crap there 😜 

Yeah it's a new low for me but somebody's gotta do it 🤣 it's either the way I tell it, the photos or the fact nobody's posting anything, just carping about that "D" thingy. Don't know why but I have Deja Vu from last year... 😁

When I had F2 at 3, didn't get any bottle caps but got scared I was missing gold... I think I'm going to have to go out further to get that. I dug darn  near everything there even if it was pure iron signal.

Thanks for calling me out bud! 🤣 I was wondering if anyone would. 😁

Well I ain’t helping anything here for sure...have not detected in 3 weeks it seems...life is in the way again lol...thanks for posting 😊

strick

2 minutes ago, strick said:

Well I ain’t helping anything here for sure...have not detected in 3 weeks it seems...life is in the way again lol...thanks for posting 😊

strick

You have helped me a lot over the last year. 🙂 The main focus was the headphones, there was so little interference and no bad sand, so it occurred to me to lower recovery. I'm not sure it helped but hitting thin small copper at 12" with the 10x5 is noteworthy! I didn't expect to find anything there. Now I may go back and dig some of the no ID stuff, but it will be real deep. 👍

Hope you get out soon!

Looks like a great spot with some history!  I've never seen those wood water breaks that close, except one old beach.. up here, a place called Love Point. See if I can find a picture. Found it, shows how bad my memory is..kind of similar.

love point (2).jpg

2 minutes ago, Joe Beechnut OBN said:

Looks like a great spot with some history!  I've never seen those wood water breaks that close, except one old beach.. up here, a place called Love Point. See if I can find a picture.

I hunted along the breaks with the 10x5, knowing it could get really close. That's where I found the fillet knife and one of the pennies. Definitely have to get out further with waders.

The fact that the pennies were deep and all memorials suggests there could be better stuff here, but it may be out of reach of the Equinox. I could try the 11" coil, I have never proved to myself it could go any deeper than the 10x5.