Gardner Made My Day

I haven't been detecting in a while and just had to get out today. I went to a site I've hunted several times before where I normally find a few shell fragments and case-shot. I have found a few minie balls there before but they are rare, I've found maybe 6 in 4 years there.

This Garden made my day. It was about 10 to 11 inches deep and sounded pretty good on my equinox. Had to dig a lot of trash but I needed the exercise. 

20220206_144246.jpg

20220206_162421.jpg

20220206_140034.jpg

Nice! I've only dug one CW era bullet and it was a dropped Gardner. Looks like you got a small button there too, any backmarks? What state are you in?

Congratulations on the great Gardner find.  Keep at it in the area now that your getting rid of that surface trash the good deep coin tones and civil war relics will really stand out!

• 3 weeks later...

I read your title and was thinking Gardner referred to someone taking care of a garden, not a bullet!  Guess I dont dig enough civil war bullets to have that be my first word association (even if my mind is thinking gardener, with an extra E!)