First Silver With The Deus 2!

I took off work on Friday to see if I could snag some silver with the D2.  I hunted for about 7 hours with 6 of those at the old ballpark where I’ve gotten multiple silvers with the nox.  I hit the area hard with the deus.  I dug mostly silver and nickel signals and a lot of iffy signals just to see what it was, but no silver and only 1 wheatie.  Needless to say I was a little bummed.   

Today I got out to my only permission, the old house on 3 acres.  This time I concentrated on a small level field on the other side of the property from the  house. I hadn’t really detected this area much at all just doing an exploratory pass last weekend.  This time I slowed down.  Second target of the day was a nice sweet sounding 91/92 and I figured a silver dime since I have only found one clad coin the entire time I’ve hunted this place.  About 7” down was a 1918d merc.  I stood up and rescanned that spot and about a foot away I get a 59/60.  Turns  out to be a toasted buffalo nickel at the same depth.  Then about three feet away I got a high 80s and out pops a toasted wheat cent.  All three of these were not in the field that’s in the picture, but on the far end to the left.  Once I got in the field I hit a nice high tone reading 94-96.  At about 6” was a 1907d barber quarter.  A couple of feet away was a high 80s and again another toasted wheatie.  In between the wheatie and barber I get a jumpy signal in the 60s and out pops a Wahl Ever Sharp silver plated mechanical pencil!  Now I start gridding that area and about 50 feet away I get a 96/97 and I’m thinking another quarter, but out pops a small sterling ring.  That was about it as I headed back to the car.  

Today I was mostly using two custom coin programs I had set up last night.  One was based on park, and the other based on general.  Both with disc at 35, 5 tones with custom tone breaks, reactivity I varied at 1.5-2.5, silencer at 1, sensitivity at 95, audio response at 4.  Park used square and the general used pwm.  

9CA06DCC-DCE3-478A-AF26-484831AAC348.jpeg

FF92389A-3B85-49AB-8C24-5EAB3610B3B0.jpeg

09E0B51E-9CA7-416E-B0ED-75EA02D503CB.jpeg

B9273F3A-EB3C-4FE0-958A-5BEA39942457.jpeg

C7CE7037-1BD6-48D9-95F8-8FB0D78AE6E7.jpeg

99A48F63-0AFC-476A-BF91-B852EFD6CEDA.jpeg

• Like 9

Great hunt!! 

On the D2, are observation on anything it's doing that is new/improved/different than you other machines?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cal_Cobra said:

Great hunt!! 

On the D2, are observation on anything it's doing that is new/improved/different than you other machines?

Right now Cal the biggest advantage for me over the nox is the ergonomics.  Not only is the deus 2 light, it’s also very compact compared to the nox. As far as performance I’m almost positive if I had gotten my nox over any of those targets I dug today, it would have hit on them with good ID.  Especially the two silver coins.   I’m beginning to tune into the deus and one advantage I’m seeing over the nox is being able to tell an aluminum can top from a coin.  Sometimes it’s hard to tell the difference between the two even raising the coil using the nox.  With the deus however when you raise the coil a coin fades out very quickly.  I’m sure this is due to having the audio response setting on 4.  So yeah, the deus has much, much better audio modulation.  I still have a lot to learn about the audio nuances of the deus.  The other day I was doing some air tests to hear the different tone pitches I had set up in a 5 tone program.  I had a quarter, a nickel, a zinc penny, a rusty nail and I had also grabbed a lead pistol bullet.  I noticed when I passed the bullet and the nickel over the coil they both rang up as 62 which means they both had the same tone pitch.  However to my surprise they sounded quite different. The nickel sounded perfectly “clean” but the  bullet didn’t.  I tried passing the bullet over the coil while changing its position relative to the coil and the closet I could get it to sounding like the nickel was when I had the rounded point of the bullet facing directly at the coil.  I guess this makes sense because the detector is seeing round.  Now if I can only learn to pick up on those nuances in the field.  Lol

• Like 4

Great finds for your hard work, and I wish you more luck on your next hunt.

• Thanks 1

• The title was changed to First Silver With The Deus 2!