Couple Nice Surprises

Been hitting a property near me for a year now. Started off mainly looking for gold rush relics, but started hitting nuggets, and now, that's been my focus. Took the monster there last week, and got couple surprises. Nice heel plate ( only my third, one other heart, and a club) and a tool for cleaning  opium pipes. There's a proper name for it, but my memory is crap, lol. Was probably silver plated at one time, as they are usually pure silver...never seen a brass one before.20220410_072241.thumb.jpg.788aa40141d9b665e1aa175be0cb0504.jpg20220406_134947.thumb.jpg.e82e2c771ca5bc7917580980833469d1.jpg

Nice relics of a bygone era, well done!

Those heart heel plates got around back in the day. A buddy of mine found one in a Colorado gold rush town.

Great finds!

That pipe cleaner is in good shape...I probably would have broken it trying to get it out lol are they hollow ?

strick

4 hours ago, strick said:

That pipe cleaner is in good shape...I probably would have broken it trying to get it out lol are they hollow ?

strick

No , it's solid. I found a solid silver one before. The Chinese took their opium smoking seriously, 😆