Christened The GPZ

Haven't been able to get out much this year so probably only spent about 20-25 hours on the GPZ mainly trying settings etc. Managed to christen it with a couple of nice little speccis so think I'm starting to work things out. Both were about 6" deep in gravel layers under top clay layer so could have been found with other detectors. One (the smallest) was under some heavy leaf litter too so all up maybe 8" depth?

First couple of times out I struggled a bit especially on smaller targets but last couple of outings I seem to have found settings that suit me/my area. Picking up a lot more bird shot now, not that that's good :laugh:, although I don't think it's as sensitive as the SDC it's not far off. I am picking up a lot more of the BB size shot at impressive depth - they hit loud & clear. The gold has been slow but I'm now confident that once I get it over some good ground it'll be a good thing.

I can't remember digging deep holes with as much frequency either. Of course there had been deep holes with the SD/GP & GPX + even with the SDC on mullock heaps but I don't remember digging so many over such a short period of time & a couple of the deepest I've had to dig - unfortunately for junk only so far. The fencing bar will be living in the ute!

My main current settings are:

High yield/Difficult; Sensitivity - 14 to 16; Smoothing off; Threshold around 24-27

14605113833510.jpg

Nice ones for you!  Onward ...