Second Time Out With Nox & Coiltek 10x5

Good hunt with a great prize. If you kick iron balance up to 5 (on the 600) you'll hear an iron tone with the 12-15 and skip bottle caps. 🙂 Just a suggestion 🤔 That's a really nice spot!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I had it down with stock coil but sounds a little different with this coil.  Just digging everything smaller then a beer can to get used to it.

• Like 3

You should notice it's easier to accurately locate a target; i.e. should be in the center. Also the target separation is phenomenal, and there isn't much or any loss of depth. I recover stuff at every bit of 12". It makes the detector much lighter, I see no need to take mine off. 👍

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

I just ordered this 10 by 5 coil.  I like the 11 and 6 inch, but this will fit my needs at parks the best.  I do hunt around basketball, volleyball courts,  baseball fields, tot lots and pavilions, parking lots and picnic benches.  But I’ll also wonder out into more open areas with some trees and fields.  I’ll just need the tele knox shaft and I’ll be good to go.

I’ll keep the 6 inch coil on the legend it’s a sniper set up.  

lots of great information on this site, I’m searching and reading more than posting. Thanks.

• Like 4

Smaller coils seem more stable and are less emi sensitive. Probably why they are so effective in urban areas. Depth wise they are still in striking range of majority of targets.

• Like 3

• The title was changed to Second Time Out With Nox & Coiltek 10x5