Devil's Tongue Park Probe Review

14 hours ago, Carolina said:

If at all possible I would like a 8” curved version. Can’t find any at all though for sale anywhere. If you can message me I appreciate it.

Thomas

Still a few left on Backwoods Ebay store here:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/275500132395?hash=item402516682b:g:H3MAAOSw1zxi1LiJ&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAoLV%2BCYH8kAb7Fzagnt15sBnu1rzkUlLtxvsi8bTi90plR0v0gJJZBzI6806FvkZFMyqq7Rc2vYxLMuvohsEVIvftE5UYC32uRwZpF4ZhvcwHwiZ45VYFJh20h79aMCRtiIO0CxBpM0zLtLo0xzAZFMmpWjk57Peg3aE0k2LuglTce9uWuxykMabRnh59UNLvGszE72Vbm53Ka2mBSwEuWZw%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR9a2q_CQYQ

Als can call Rich directly if you like as he does the foot work for me.

Let me know if you have any questions etc. Thanks so much,

Ken

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to get one of these from "Backwoods",  and leaning towards the straight version since I regularly recover almost all targets that I can locate from the ground surface with  my carrot pinpointer, using just a straight screwdriver,  so most targets 3-4" or less without digging a plug of any kind.       So almost all shallower targets are recovered using a screwdriver.

Any reason that I'm not seeing to go to the curved version?   Does it work as well as a "probe" to locate an item in the ground?

33 minutes ago, sodbuster said:

Any reason that I'm not seeing to go to the curved version?   Does it work as well as a "probe" to locate an item in the ground?

The only reason I can think of that makes me like the curved probe more preferable to me is that once you have located the target with your pinpointer, that curved end gives you a little bit of "scoop", as opposed to the straight one which is in essence a pry tool. I prefer it to the straight version, I press it into the ground behind the target and push back. Either one is fine. 🙂 For a crevice it would be less useful.